!!

Welcome to Two Track Music

Guest/Visitor, welcome to the Two Track Music forum area.  If you're not yet a member here, just click the Register link above to sign up.  It's free, quick, and relatively easy.

Once registered, you will be able to post anywhere in the forums, create topics, ask questions, show off your music, and collaborate with other members to create a new song or musical piece.

You will also be able to view post attachments, which are usually songs in progress or completed songs.  And, you'll have access to our TTM Articles section, which contains a variety of articles on software, hardware, mixing, mastering, and many other topics.  The forum Search option will also be available to you once registered.

Two Track Music is a somewhat 'laid back' community.  Just some good musicians and song writers hanging out, and having a good time.  We're not a high pressure or fast paced site, we just enjoy kicking back and making some music, and having fun while we're doing it.

If that sounds like your kind of place, please join us.  We'd love to have you in the mix.  And yes, pun intended... ;)

Additional Menu

TTM Shoutbox

Last 15 Shouts:

kevmsmith81

November 08, 2019, 07:43:09 PM
Yeah he's not signed in for over a month.  Is he on any other sites that people know of?

whitestrat73

November 05, 2019, 04:34:54 PM
Hasn't replied to a couple of emails. I'm getting worried for him......

Dino

November 05, 2019, 12:57:28 PM
I wonder if Joom is okay.  Its been a while now :(

neilmac

November 05, 2019, 01:59:41 AM
GRRRRRRRRR
Just sayin'  >:(

DJKTRox

November 02, 2019, 07:23:58 PM
I am now using AVG Secure browser and its not happening with that one...

RedJoker

October 28, 2019, 05:57:44 PM
For me, I just blocked JavaScript for this site and the livestat thing went away.

agradeleous

October 27, 2019, 06:18:53 PM
Nope its just a figment of your imagination.
for some reason using opera on W10 pc its not there . it does however only show on TTM using Android for me that is and Yes its Bloody annoying so I hope it spreads why should we have all the fun . LOL

DJKTRox

October 26, 2019, 08:18:26 PM
Anyone figured out the livestats thingy yet? Kinda annoying...  ::) damn computer gremlins!

Gazebo

October 26, 2019, 08:34:42 AM
I'm still getting the "Livestat" pages moving between items on the site and Chrome is telling me that the site is "Not Secure".  Is it my end or a site issue?  Has anyone found a way to overcome?

Smurf

October 24, 2019, 12:42:59 AM
Yo Spiral!  8)

whitestrat73

October 23, 2019, 01:24:39 PM
Hey!

Spiral

October 22, 2019, 03:59:15 PM
Terve!

agradeleous

October 12, 2019, 05:22:46 PM
I finally was able to log in on my phone a second ago I couldn't last night kept saying wrong password .
Logging in just a minute ago kind of took a few minutes. Anywho .😑

kevmsmith81

October 12, 2019, 10:33:55 AM
I get it on both my phone and my laptop, so it must be an issue with the site.

agradeleous

October 11, 2019, 10:06:57 PM
I just back page . We should keep this on tread “ things we only should know “
Thanks ;)

Show 50 latest
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 15, 2019, 07:56:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: sexie finger PC  (Read 13104 times)

Offline agradeleous

• My stuffs
  • Original
  • Producer
  • Just hangin' here at TTM Upside Down
    • View Profile
    • Ags YouTube
Re: sexie finger PC
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2014, 10:17:51 PM »
ok so here's what up clone is done but now it shows 3 drives

drive E was the WD 2T  but now  says system reserved 70mb free of 99.9mb

Drive C was the seagate with 1T with 702GB  free of 931 GB

New drive A says same as C 702 of 931

LOL what am I missing LOL

Offline gc

• Original
  • Producer
  • Not my monkey, not my circus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2014, 01:36:09 AM »
Not sure.  Sounds like your clone completed successfully as the drive A matches drive C.  The E drive?  Not sure.  Have to go look at what's in it.  Possibly part of a system restore or reserved or some such stuff.  You can take a look at it thru Disc Management or thru EaseUS. 

I'd try removing the SATA cable from the old drive & sticking it on the new one & see if it will boot/run.

g

Edit:  Also...there should be about another 1TB of space lurking around there someplace.  Both old/new drives reflect 931GB.  If you look in W7 Disc Management there is probably 1TB of unassigned space available that you can either expand a partition into or assign the space to a new partition.  The new WD was a 2TB, right?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 02:00:55 AM by gc »

Offline frankenxtein

• Janitor
  • Original
  • Producer
  • What?
    • View Profile
    • Frankenxteins Sound Click Page
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2014, 04:12:45 AM »

I'd try removing the SATA cable from the old drive & sticking it on the new one & see if it will boot/run.

Watching this from a distance  ;) You'll want to make the new drive the active drive and the other should be removed before you restart.
Okay ... lets do this one more time ... take 43 http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=1277143

Offline agradeleous

• My stuffs
  • Original
  • Producer
    • View Profile
    • Ags YouTube
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2014, 08:40:30 AM »
Yeah gc 2 tb
on auto setting it says it expand everything to fit the new drive space would that have lost the 1tb of space ?

Otherwise the stuff that shows up is as posted above . I'll try switching drives see what happens after work .

Thanks .

Offline gc

• Original
  • Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2014, 03:25:37 PM »
Clone process copied existing to new, including parameters associated with disc size.  Look at it thru Disc Management & the remainder of the 2TB drive should show as unallocated.  The existing partition can be expanded into this unallocated space or it can be re-designated as a new partition.  Your choice, but it's there.

Of what FX speaks: Mark Partition as Active 

rt click 'Computer'>lt click 'Manage'>2 x click 'Disc Management' gets you to where you can see what W7 thinks about your HDD's & all the space available there.  Insightful.   shut down the system, remove power, swap drives, power up & start...done.

Offline agradeleous

• My stuffs
  • Original
  • Producer
    • View Profile
    • Ags YouTube
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2014, 08:09:42 PM »
I had to use the administrative tools and then system management to disk management.  every W7 I have on different pc is different but there all the same crap LOL

You are correct so it has 1T as unalocated but this drive has been renamed my drive "C" so it's working off that all ready ?
at the same time the seagate is singing clicking like she should so now I wonder what F and why it always cost me money for no reason LOL .

Not only is there no good blue collar guitars in the area  costing my major buckage now my dang PC is LMAO

So I don't know every thing after that major scan and disk check cleaned it all up so far my guys who say they know a lot about PC's are falling behind none of them even tried this stuff hahahahahaha

OK so now I wait for my new sata cables and see then see whats what ! hahahaha

GC your great sir thank you so much for hanging with me through this and franks too , I'm not saying this over yet not enough time has past .

I would to ask another question :)

when I switch drives the WD will be the main drive that leaves me with second seagate 1TB that i had in there as a back up I did not use it but for few things because I wanted to have something to fall back on .

when I put the seagate back in I'd like make sure I'm getting a clean start on that HDD as well so I want wipe it clean then get it ready for use .

What I'd like to do is put all the music and music programs on it .

so the question is , what is the best way to achieve this step by step . ?

Or just thinking out loud I could if the drive remains good just work the music off that and just clean it up which would take a while LOL Smurf  or at least I think it was him LOL had it right we just don't know how much music stuff we collect.

Thoughts again . :) 

Offline gc

• Original
  • Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2014, 10:33:55 PM »
Cool that things are working...I think.  You still have the old & new drives in the box & cabled/powered up?  Before I did anything with the data on the old drive I would sure like to be 110% certain that all is well with the new drive.  Like...physically replace the old with the new (at least remove the old from the system, either by moving/removing cables or yank the drive out).  If your system boots to the new drive & 'everything' functions as normal I'd be happy. 

But...I don't usually reuse replaced drives.  I'd hang onto the old drive for a while (a long while) because I get paranoid about data loss.  As long as you can access files on the old drive it is still a source of recovery.  Just in case. 

The old Seagate...was it making noise or just behaving badly but silently?  Any question as to condition, I wouldn't reuse it.   You can, of course, but it might crap out on you again & unless you are totally anal about backing up data you can get surprised.  Just saying.

Some peoples children reuse drives by just re-formatting them.  Some prefer to really erase everything by using an app like Killdisk  It works very well.  Formatting leaves data on the drive that can be written over.  Erasing erases, period.  If I was going to reuse a drive I probably would just reformat it.  If I was going to send it to the recycle yard, I'd use an erase tool.

The 2TB drive is huge to play with for now.  Get the old drive out & sit on it for a bit.  No rush.  But if you want to reuse it, cleaning it out is easy.

I know FX is following this thread  And there are others around who are a lot more IT savvy that I am.  Remember, I'm just a hack.  Sharper minds may have better ideas.  But I'm glad you got your system functional. ;D  Good stuff.

g

Offline frankenxtein

• Janitor
  • Original
  • Producer
  • What?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2014, 11:29:38 PM »
I'm using used drives  :-[ , for the operating system on every computer in the house you'd be surprised the low number of on-off cycles and hours some drives I've given 10-20 bucks for on ebay like new   250gb WD enterprise drives are durable with a low failure rate.  ;)

http://www.newegg.com/Product /Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822144701
Okay ... lets do this one more time ... take 43 http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=1277143

Offline agradeleous

• My stuffs
  • Original
  • Producer
    • View Profile
    • Ags YouTube
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2014, 09:33:52 AM »
When I get my new cables intend to switch out drives but I want the cables in hand .

The drive when right makes a fast clicking or chattering noise I think you now what I mean .

During the beep failure mode it sounded more like a deeper more pronounced grinding but irradic also me thinking the sata cable being an issue because I got the drive to stop beeping by wiggling it also in the end being the time we've been talking about and I got it fire up it was very quiet and very slow to responed.

Now it's like new but I'll report back later today I'll be home.

I have another Seagate 1TB

Also I have a  usb WD 1TB  Back up drive with all my data on it .

And my old 250g xp drive I should really play with it now since your getting skill levels up lol

Offline agradeleous

• My stuffs
  • Original
  • Producer
    • View Profile
    • Ags YouTube
Re: Yeah sexy ... I know
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2014, 08:42:11 PM »
Avert your eyes computer geeks because I got it going on LOL

Once again I'm impressed with Monoprice these cables seem well built and bling won't make them perform better well I know. LOL

These Uv green cables with metal lock cost

$1.82each  ..wonder if I got ripped off ?  ::) yes I did ! the shipping was more LMAO

Offline frankenxtein

• Janitor
  • Original
  • Producer
  • What?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2014, 09:27:41 PM »
I'm pleased with the California free shipping outfit that I get cables from ..... eventually they send the right ones , and they let you keep the ones sent by mistake  ;) http://www.ebay.com/usr/bargaincableusa?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

SATA cables don't fit real tight on some drives it seems , no matter what I'm inside a computer for , before closing the case make sure the SATA cables are connected squarely. Re-seating ram chips and video card has also been a help sometimes. Vibration and time seem to be a common occurrence.   
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 09:59:47 PM by frankenxtein »

Offline agradeleous

• My stuffs
  • Original
  • Producer
    • View Profile
    • Ags YouTube
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2015, 02:30:04 PM »
Ok so as stated in franks lab and sorry frank I missed you last post here .

My PC as sometime last decided to errrrr ..... F me for lack a of a better term .

Upon restart it won't restart lol so keeps going to bios then I can nudge it to Ms check and fix restart which it says it's unable to do .

So tried a few times and no go have no idea why where or when but only know .... Now .

I could swear there windows on drive 2 and I'll look again to see if can boot that .

Over all I really hate this kind of stuff I mean a guitar just plays a wrench just plain works . This thing ain't old enough to f up like this if you ask me . Grrrrrrr

So much for purring like a kitten ....... ::-> ::->

Offline agradeleous

• My stuffs
  • Original
  • Producer
    • View Profile
    • Ags YouTube
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2015, 02:36:20 PM »
All repair details said ok error code = oxo

Except

Files integrity check and repair failed = oxa

Tried w7 disk went into repair

Problem signature 1       6.1.7600.16385

Prob sig 2        Same number

Prob sig 3.        Unknown

Prob sig. 4.                 21200423

# 5                       Auto failover

#6                    4

#7.            bad batch

Pulling hair out !

« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 02:57:04 PM by agradeleous »

Offline Jahva

• Original
  • Producer
  • Yup
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2015, 09:11:11 PM »
I agree Ags...
I don't get this stuff... I have to have some kind of phone support or something otherwise I'll F' it up!  :-X.
Just not my thing.
But hey there are plenty of good peeps here... should be able to help you. I did not enjoy not having access to my files or ability to record... sux!
Good Luck
If.... it's a temporary lull... why am I bored right outta my skull?
Man, I'm dressin' sharp an' feelin' dull
PW

Offline agradeleous

• My stuffs
  • Original
  • Producer
    • View Profile
    • Ags YouTube
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2015, 10:06:56 PM »
Took a bit but finally was able to recover from my potable drive. So i'm up and running but some things are lost but I can fix up that part just sucks I should have backed up sooner .

Dang thing is I have no doubt it caused by an updated during the night so that's my reason for the restart which it was trying to do or a virus but I don't think it was that .

We'll see soon enough .

Thanks