!!

Welcome to Two Track Music

Guest/Visitor, welcome to the Two Track Music forum area.  If you're not yet a member here, just click the Register link above to sign up.  It's free, quick, and relatively easy.

Once registered, you will be able to post anywhere in the forums, create topics, ask questions, show off your music, and collaborate with other members to create a new song or musical piece.

You will also be able to view post attachments, which are usually songs in progress or completed songs.  And, you'll have access to our TTM Articles section, which contains a variety of articles on software, hardware, mixing, mastering, and many other topics.  The forum Search option will also be available to you once registered.

Two Track Music is a somewhat 'laid back' community.  Just some good musicians and song writers hanging out, and having a good time.  We're not a high pressure or fast paced site, we just enjoy kicking back and making some music, and having fun while we're doing it.

If that sounds like your kind of place, please join us.  We'd love to have you in the mix.  And yes, pun intended... ;)

Additional Menu

TTM Shoutbox

Last 15 Shouts:

Joom

Yesterday at 11:38:43 AM
Heading out shortly, back in a few...

Joom

September 18, 2019, 12:51:36 PM
Happy Birthdays Gordon and One, sorry I wasn't here and missed them...  :(

onetrack

September 17, 2019, 07:42:00 PM
Thanks neilmac. Had a nice bbq at the weekend and bit of a gathering.

neilmac

September 14, 2019, 05:24:30 PM
Happy birthday Onetrack!! Day late, but still  :P

agradeleous

September 08, 2019, 06:49:46 PM
Welcome Andy feel free to jump in anywhere . If you like you can  introduce yourself under General catagory . 😊

agradeleous

September 08, 2019, 12:58:18 PM
Happy birthday GC . 😊

gc

September 07, 2019, 05:39:37 PM
Thanks, gents.  Still wondering what I'm gonna do when I grow up.

whitestrat73

September 07, 2019, 10:22:49 AM
Happy birthday, Gordon!

Dino

September 07, 2019, 02:02:44 AM
Happy Birthday Gordon.  Many more to come.  Hugs

gc

September 07, 2019, 02:01:48 AM
Thanks, Neilmac.  Aging less than gracefully.  All good though.  Feel like 90. :-*

neilmac

September 07, 2019, 01:02:56 AM
Happy Birthday GC! You young whippersnapper you  8)

neilmac

September 06, 2019, 04:13:03 AM
4th time Spiral - and this was the best I’ve seen them yet  8) sound - show - performance - they absolutely nailed it ;D

Spiral

September 06, 2019, 03:23:57 AM
That's cool, neilmac! I've seen them quite many times and they always deliver.

neilmac

September 03, 2019, 10:37:21 PM
You better believe it Gaz  :P
The two guys I went with weren’t even born when I started listening to Maiden  :P :P

Gazebo

September 03, 2019, 08:40:46 AM
Neilmac = Teenage Dirtbag :P

Show 50 latest
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2019, 04:17:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: BIAB Question  (Read 1440 times)

Offline gc

• Original
  • Producer
  • Not my monkey, not my circus.
    • View Profile
BIAB Question
« on: August 21, 2013, 03:44:44 PM »
Thinking about the possibility of getting Band In A Box, but I m somewhat daunted by the different versions & the $$$.  And in trying to decipher what was included in the different 'packs', my head exploded.  If the Pro pack is basic, why do they  call it 'Pro'?  Rhetorical question.

Real question for those who have some windshield time on this:  is the 'basic' version usable as issued or is it a teaser that will require multiple add-on packages in order to get any real use?  Thoughts?

g

Offline Joom

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • Producer
  • Old, tired, and ready to jam...
    • View Profile
Re: BIAB Question
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 06:21:42 PM »
Afraid I haven't been into BIAB for years, GC.  I think Smurf will be the only one who can answer...
A few quick and dirty cheaters from the old days, just for kicks...... www.twotrackmusic.com/joomcheats

Offline Smurf

• Original
  • Producer
  • Final Straw Time.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 06:57:56 PM »
Here is the bottom line........

To get the most usable features of BiaB, which is the Real Tracks & Real Drums, the investment is steep at $469 for the Ultra Plus Pack.  :o This includes al the best of what us musicians will use, and skips all the "lesson" software that, tho GOOD and FUN to use, is not that important to creating good tracks quickly.  ;D

Most years BB has 2 sales, mid year & around Dec, where you can get the program at a steep discount, at times up to 50% off. But this year there was no 2013.5 release OR sale, and they are NOT talking about why. So I am not sure if there will be a "end of year" sale as usual.  :(

But if there is THAT is the time to jump, because you will get ALL of the Real Tracks release for the year, instead of 1/2 like you would mid year.  ;)

As for the Audiophile Edition, the MAJOR difference is that ALL of the Real Tracks & Real Drums are in the Original .wav format, which to my ear is MUCH clearer & puncher than the files that come with all the other versions, which are .wma format. IMHO the .wma files are totally usable. If my biz would have taken off a little more over the last few years then I would have moved up to the .wav version just for the better quality, but your average listener will not be able to tell the difference.  :(

Everything below this is mostly Midi based, and tho BB has a LOT more styles that are Midi compared to Real Tracks / Real Drums, they sound like....Midi. Fun to work with & get ideas down, but take a LOT of tweaking to sound convincing in a song. Once again, IMHO.  :P

Hope this helps!  8)
Main System - HP Z600 w/ 3.2GHz 12 Core, 48GB Memory, Quadro 5800 Video Card, Delta66 / Omni Sound Card, Win7 x64, Reaper / Mixbus, IK Multimedia Full / Waves Full / P&M VIP, BiaB 2019, 1.3TB of Loops & Samples, 6 & 7 String Guitars, 4 & 6 String Bass, Jet City / B52 /Acoustic Amps

Offline gc

• Original
  • Producer
  • Not my monkey, not my circus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2013, 07:36:12 PM »
Thanks, Smurf.  Helps a great deal.   

g

Offline frankenxtein

• Janitor
  • Original
  • Producer
  • What?
    • View Profile
    • Frankenxteins Sound Click Page
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2013, 12:25:29 AM »
It's a nifty program we have the 2006 version very powerful when WesLi's using it, the thing I like about is being able to save to midi and tweaking the file in Sonar, ................. We never use it!  :-\  I see versions of it available on ebay. If I was a professional jingle writer, it would be pretty useful. The auto accompaniment feature on my Casio CTK-571 is about as useful when recorded , uh but we don't use it either. Besides all that it's a real neat program  ;D
Okay ... lets do this one more time ... take 43 http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=1277143

Offline whitestrat73

• Still the right side of the grass! :P
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • Don't throw your cigarette butts out the window!
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2013, 05:13:13 PM »
LOL @Fx   :P

I've just started using version 12  ???  Yeah, I know it's old, but it beats paying for a band, when I need one....  ;D

Just imagine the amount of Jim Beam I'd have had to buy for a country band, let alone clearing up after the fighting....  :o

:P
'Smile and the world smiles with you!' - Charlie Chaplin
'It's better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees' - Midnight Oil
https://soundcloud.com/search?q=whitestrat73

Offline frankenxtein

• Janitor
  • Original
  • Producer
  • What?
    • View Profile
    • Frankenxteins Sound Click Page
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2013, 10:15:18 PM »
It's a pretty accurate smart program IMHO. My version just has a year # , but I'd say all of them are pretty handy.
Okay ... lets do this one more time ... take 43 http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=1277143