!!

Welcome to Two Track Music

Guest/Visitor, welcome to the Two Track Music forum area.  If you're not yet a member here, just click the Register link above to sign up.  It's free, quick, and relatively easy.

Once registered, you will be able to post anywhere in the forums, create topics, ask questions, show off your music, and collaborate with other members to create a new song or musical piece.

You will also be able to view post attachments, which are usually songs in progress or completed songs.  And, you'll have access to our TTM Articles section, which contains a variety of articles on software, hardware, mixing, mastering, and many other topics.  The forum Search option will also be available to you once registered.

Two Track Music is a somewhat 'laid back' community.  Just some good musicians and song writers hanging out, and having a good time.  We're not a high pressure or fast paced site, we just enjoy kicking back and making some music, and having fun while we're doing it.

If that sounds like your kind of place, please join us.  We'd love to have you in the mix.  And yes, pun intended... ;)

Additional Menu

TTM Shoutbox

Last 15 Shouts:

Joom

Yesterday at 11:38:43 AM
Heading out shortly, back in a few...

Joom

September 18, 2019, 12:51:36 PM
Happy Birthdays Gordon and One, sorry I wasn't here and missed them...  :(

onetrack

September 17, 2019, 07:42:00 PM
Thanks neilmac. Had a nice bbq at the weekend and bit of a gathering.

neilmac

September 14, 2019, 05:24:30 PM
Happy birthday Onetrack!! Day late, but still  :P

agradeleous

September 08, 2019, 06:49:46 PM
Welcome Andy feel free to jump in anywhere . If you like you can  introduce yourself under General catagory . 😊

agradeleous

September 08, 2019, 12:58:18 PM
Happy birthday GC . 😊

gc

September 07, 2019, 05:39:37 PM
Thanks, gents.  Still wondering what I'm gonna do when I grow up.

whitestrat73

September 07, 2019, 10:22:49 AM
Happy birthday, Gordon!

Dino

September 07, 2019, 02:02:44 AM
Happy Birthday Gordon.  Many more to come.  Hugs

gc

September 07, 2019, 02:01:48 AM
Thanks, Neilmac.  Aging less than gracefully.  All good though.  Feel like 90. :-*

neilmac

September 07, 2019, 01:02:56 AM
Happy Birthday GC! You young whippersnapper you  8)

neilmac

September 06, 2019, 04:13:03 AM
4th time Spiral - and this was the best I’ve seen them yet  8) sound - show - performance - they absolutely nailed it ;D

Spiral

September 06, 2019, 03:23:57 AM
That's cool, neilmac! I've seen them quite many times and they always deliver.

neilmac

September 03, 2019, 10:37:21 PM
You better believe it Gaz  :P
The two guys I went with weren’t even born when I started listening to Maiden  :P :P

Gazebo

September 03, 2019, 08:40:46 AM
Neilmac = Teenage Dirtbag :P

Show 50 latest
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2019, 04:18:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: TTM Challenge Sep 2019  (Read 356 times)

Offline Cottonwood

• Just hangin' here at TTM
    • View Profile
TTM Challenge Sep 2019
« on: September 02, 2019, 12:48:05 PM »
There`s been a lot of discussion here lately about the monthly challenge , the pros and cons of having a "theme" each month...I`ve thought about this and I like the idea , it gives me a focus , a goal to work towards if you like...it gives me a starting point , when I read what the theme is , some pictures or ideas jump into my head , so , in effect I feel like I have already started a new song...this is just my take on it as i`m sure we all go about writing a song differently!!

The participation in the Challenge has been falling away this last few months , I thought we might try a little experiment this month...so the challenge is to write a new song about... ANYTHING :o :o!!!...no restrictions...any subject , any key , any length , any genre . instrumentals , acapellas , anything that fires you up (-!)!!

So lets go folks!!

The closing date is midnight where ever you are 29th of Sept!!

Offline neilmac

• Original
  • Producer
  • What?
    • View Profile
    • Album for sale!
Re: TTM Challenge Sep 2019
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2019, 06:43:33 PM »
 ~:)
Sounds good to me 🙂
"If it looks good, you'll see it.If it sounds good you'll hear it. If it's marketed right you'll buy it. But if it's real, you'll feel it"

Offline Gazebo

• Original
  • Manager
  • Making the grade for five decades....
    • View Profile
    • Gazebo Notes
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2019, 08:46:55 AM »
I've not been in recently just because of life stuff, not because I don't want to be.

Since my last entry, the company I work for went bust, I've found a new job, travelled quite a lot in the new job, had two weekends away and had some jobs to complete at home, plus visiting/ keeping up with family etc so haven't even switched on my recording equipment. 

I won't be in this month either, as have a busy weekend in prep for going on a proper holiday.

Just wanted to register, I have the interest, but sadly not the time at present.

I like a themed challenge - especially technical ones that lead me to try something new.  I can also see the attrraction of another unthemed challenge, but question if that should just be a "show and tell" rather than have any level of competition attached.

In the words of Arnie "I'll be back".
Free Download Prime Album here :http://kenrawe.bandcamp.com/album/prime

Offline agradeleous

• My stuffs
  • Original
  • Producer
  • Just hangin' here at TTM Upside Down
    • View Profile
    • Ags YouTube
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2019, 10:07:24 AM »
I either lost my interest in writing about specific themes or maybe none has hit home.

I know I'm a downer but I've been just more interested in creating a new songs based on nothing . Maybe I'm more depressed then I admit and that's effecting my direction .

I don't know , but I am glad that folks like the challenges and that it gives you focus .

I know I enjoyed them a great deal and give the challenges most all the credit of were I'm at today as a player a long with everyone's support . So keep on folks 😊

I will do my best to enter this month as it's right up my alley lol

« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 09:12:47 AM by agradeleous »

Offline onetrack

• Original
  • Producer
  • Ex-KAE and TTM member since 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2019, 09:39:51 PM »
I’m definitely in this. I’ve had something on the go for a couple of weeks but this challenge has given me the encouragement to do something with it.

And it sounds bloody marvellous (so far) even if I say so myself. Might leave it as instrumental but will try for vocals. Depends if it strengthens or weakens the overall sound.

Offline Dino

• Original
  • Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2019, 06:13:23 AM »
Just to clarify Cotton, can we "complete" a song that was started prior to the Challenge Announcement of 2 September or, does it have to be a brand new song.

I for one have at least three songs that I started for recent 2019 challenges but it all got a little too difficult with motivation etc so I just left them alone.  Are we allowed to resurrect one of those tunes and complete it maybe.

I thought I had better ask  :) [size=78%] [/size]

Offline Cottonwood

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2019, 10:42:40 AM »
Just to clarify Cotton, can we "complete" a song that was started prior to the Challenge Announcement of 2 September or, does it have to be a brand new song.

I for one have at least three songs that I started for recent 2019 challenges but it all got a little too difficult with motivation etc so I just left them alone.  Are we allowed to resurrect one of those tunes and complete it maybe.

I thought I had better ask  :)

I for one would have no problem with that Dino...this month`s challenge is sort of an experiment , to hopefully get more people to take part , so if nobody else objects ,then  go for it 8)

Offline Smurf

• Original
  • Producer
  • Final Straw Time.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2019, 10:57:12 AM »
Go For It Mr D!
Main System - HP Z600 w/ 3.2GHz 12 Core, 48GB Memory, Quadro 5800 Video Card, Delta66 / Omni Sound Card, Win7 x64, Reaper / Mixbus, IK Multimedia Full / Waves Full / P&M VIP, BiaB 2019, 1.3TB of Loops & Samples, 6 & 7 String Guitars, 4 & 6 String Bass, Jet City / B52 /Acoustic Amps

Offline onetrack

• Original
  • Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2019, 11:15:12 AM »
I personally never really understood the merits of  “only new songs starting from now will be accepted” criteria of past challenges. It kinda limits the number of entrants from the off.

Offline agradeleous

• My stuffs
  • Original
  • Producer
    • View Profile
    • Ags YouTube
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2019, 11:37:32 PM »
Funny that's the one thing I like is the new song rule .
That I think is the most challenging aspect and what keeps us sharp .

Haha I remember wanting to learn and develop my skills creating new songs or in my case instrumentals became inspirational .

I still love to create new music and in a sense I come up with new stuff almost monthly though I don't complete them then forget most there after lol

This probably sounds controversial to my earlier comments about the challenge  . My style kind of makes it hard to enter many because in one sense a instrumental can be titled anything only issue would be challenges depicting mood . Lol

Anyways I just the new song a month thing and by that I don't mean enforcement .  Breathing room in-between is definitely needed kind like a vacation. Lol

Tally Hoe!!!!

Offline neilmac

• Original
  • Producer
  • What?
    • View Profile
    • Album for sale!
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2019, 01:01:35 AM »
Frankly, given the lack of music (works in progress, finished songs, covers etc) getting posted here these I’d be inclined to say whatever floats your boat....old, new, half done, not started - go for it....

Since I only seem to come up with original material because of the challenge it really doesn’t make much difference to me what the rest of you do lol
I do get what Ags is saying though....that the new song starting now was part of the challenge of the challenge, if that makes sense lol

Anyways.....I’m in this month so bring it on!  :P
"If it looks good, you'll see it.If it sounds good you'll hear it. If it's marketed right you'll buy it. But if it's real, you'll feel it"

Offline agradeleous

• My stuffs
  • Original
  • Producer
    • View Profile
    • Ags YouTube
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2019, 01:00:34 PM »
Since Neil is wanting to bond I'm out .  ::-> :P

Offline onetrack

• Original
  • Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2019, 03:11:21 PM »
I’m nearly done. Just in final mixing stage. Although I’m half thinking of extending 3 minute instrumental into a 12 minute epic.

Offline onetrack

• Original
  • Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2019, 09:55:49 PM »
Ok. My entry is up.

I really enjoyed this one. Got about 4 songs in one here. Got one of the guitars out too and had a lot of fun with that side of things. Had loads of ideas and inspiration and been listening to a certain band - who have over 6 decades in the music business.

I decided against vocals in the end as (although I had several lyrical ideas) I just felt that the music should shine through this time round.

https://soundcloud.com/two-track-odc/which-ones-pink-onetrack

Cheers
Onetrack

Offline RedJoker

• Manager
  • Yup, I have no avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2019, 03:54:20 PM »
Frankly, given the lack of music (works in progress, finished songs, covers etc) getting posted here

Actually, I posted a work in progress at the end of last month that didn't fit the challenge.  I have to admit, because they are not in the common sub-forums, works in progress are easy to miss.

http://www.twotrackmusic.com/ttmforums/index.php?topic=2085.0