!!

Welcome to Two Track Music

Guest/Visitor, welcome to the Two Track Music forum area.  If you're not yet a member here, just click the Register link above to sign up.  It's free, quick, and relatively easy.

Once registered, you will be able to post anywhere in the forums, create topics, ask questions, show off your music, and collaborate with other members to create a new song or musical piece.

You will also be able to view post attachments, which are usually songs in progress or completed songs.  And, you'll have access to our TTM Articles section, which contains a variety of articles on software, hardware, mixing, mastering, and many other topics.  The forum Search option will also be available to you once registered.

Two Track Music is a somewhat 'laid back' community.  Just some good musicians and song writers hanging out, and having a good time.  We're not a high pressure or fast paced site, we just enjoy kicking back and making some music, and having fun while we're doing it.

If that sounds like your kind of place, please join us.  We'd love to have you in the mix.  And yes, pun intended... ;)

Additional Menu

TTM Shoutbox

Last 15 Shouts:

neilmac

June 22, 2019, 12:38:11 AM
BOTB 2019 is set! It's showtime, people!!
http://www.twotrackmusic.com/ttmforums/index.php?topic=2068.0

agradeleous

June 20, 2019, 09:15:03 AM
Hey blank shout boxes that's new lol
So Zorg do what again ? Lol

zorgus

June 20, 2019, 01:19:31 AM
Did you do that? Ahaahaaa. Do it again. In time. No now. IN TIME.

zorgus

June 20, 2019, 01:14:14 AM

agradeleous

June 19, 2019, 04:02:21 PM
I hear ya , ah the smell of fresh cut grass. 😃

Joom

June 18, 2019, 05:59:57 PM
And then some, Ag.  :P

agradeleous

June 18, 2019, 04:01:06 PM
Bush hog !

Joom

June 17, 2019, 04:28:41 PM
Well, I got the new wheels/tires on the mower, now I just have to grease it up and get started mowing 6 acres of lawn.  Fun day...

Dino

June 16, 2019, 02:01:13 AM
 :P

papaG

June 16, 2019, 12:34:13 AM
Looking for me???

neilmac

June 16, 2019, 12:32:56 AM

neilmac

June 16, 2019, 12:31:20 AM
Who’s this guy???

papaG

June 13, 2019, 04:07:19 PM
2 more sleeps if you don't count my afternoon naps ....

neilmac

June 11, 2019, 12:45:38 AM
Hasn’t happened yet Dino  :P :P soon my friend, soon  8)

papaG

June 11, 2019, 12:45:32 AM
Dino, one of us has to get there before we do the photo shoot 😉

Show 50 latest
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2019, 04:59:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Semi Hollow Body Firefly (Blue)  (Read 198 times)

Offline frankenxtein

• Janitor
  • Original
  • Producer
  • What?
    • View Profile
    • Frankenxteins Sound Click Page
Semi Hollow Body Firefly (Blue)
« on: April 13, 2019, 03:15:45 AM »
Wow $139 guitar Wes bought , I'm going to add a Bigsby style tremolo , it's what he wants :( . The darn case was $85.99  :o so , I got him that for his recent birthday. It is worthy of a good case.

Anyone wanting a semihollow body , good luck catching one before they go out of stock. It's the real deal , nice guitar. I can't find anything wrong with it. Plays good out of the box.
Amazon ships via Universal Package Smashers and it survived.

Okay ... lets do this one more time ... take 43 http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=1277143

Offline frankenxtein

• Janitor
  • Original
  • Producer
  • What?
    • View Profile
Re: Semi Hollow Body Firefly (Blue)
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2019, 04:34:33 AM »
Never a simple thing to add that Bigsby style tremolo. Roller bridge just ordered from China to go with the tremolo he ordered from China. He's not going to like that he can't divebomb with the Bigsby style tremolo.

Personally I detest whammy bars and tremolo's. Had a friend that had a Bigsby on a Les Paul. He could get a nice effect with it.  ::) The Bigsby style tremolo  https://www.ebay.com/itm/Chrome-Tremolo-Vibrato-Tailpiece-Bridge-Hollowbody-Archtop-For-Les-Paul-Guitar-/191972460803?_trksid=p2349526.m4383.l4275.c10#rwid
The Roller Bridge https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Electric-Guitar-Bridge-Roller-Saddles-Tune-O-Matic-for-LP-SG-Style-Guitar/401459799221?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=671122638852&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
Since I'll be drilling holes in it , might as well add a stutter switch.  :P You know the guitar is perfect the way it is  :-X
Okay ... lets do this one more time ... take 43 http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=1277143

Online neilmac

• Original
  • Producer
  • What?
    • View Profile
    • Album for sale!
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2019, 01:52:34 PM »
Nice  ;D

I find with the Bigsby that less is more....does a real nice wobble akin to bending the neck against the body, but anything more is too much lol

Light touch required  :P

"If it looks good, you'll see it.If it sounds good you'll hear it. If it's marketed right you'll buy it. But if it's real, you'll feel it"

Offline frankenxtein

• Janitor
  • Original
  • Producer
  • What?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2019, 02:56:18 PM »
Add a set of locking tuners and some Loctite Purple , it's another money sink. :-X

Offline frankenxtein

• Janitor
  • Original
  • Producer
  • What?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2019, 02:06:18 AM »
The Crossrock case is a little big but , it  was expected.  I wish I wasn't putting a Bigsby on it  :-X

Then there's Scott Groves , take on it  :P

Offline agradeleous

• My stuffs
  • Original
  • Producer
  • Just hangin' here at TTM Upside Down
    • View Profile
    • Ags YouTube
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2019, 11:28:05 AM »
Lol go doc . Be interested to see a acoustic flat head stock .
Can't argue makes sense . Funny thing is like headless locking fret boards on electrics and the low angle of the fenders headstocks the industry has been dancing around it for a long time just no one's ever committed to throwing it out there . Maybe to hard to fight the resistance to change .
😊

Online neilmac

• Original
  • Producer
  • What?
    • View Profile
    • Album for sale!
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2019, 11:39:16 PM »
Ok......I have to say that Meat Loaf’s  :P :P take on the break Angle on the Bigsby is a little kooky.....

True story.....I built the Blue Bastard last year as you may recall....
You might remember I bitched a little about something being “off” with the alignment so that the action was too high and I couldn’t lower it without weird things happening?

Guess what?

I had the Bigsby strung just like him  :P
( yes even though I have an Epi Wildcat with a Bigsby on it I still managed to do it wrong lmfao)
I just noticed on the weekend there.....after almost a year lol

So.....I quickly(ahem that’s a relative term lol) restrung it properly and hey presto!
NOW I can adjust the action to perfection!

Soooooo........ can’t say as I agree with his take completely lol
"If it looks good, you'll see it.If it sounds good you'll hear it. If it's marketed right you'll buy it. But if it's real, you'll feel it"

Offline whitestrat73

• Still the right side of the grass! :P
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • Don't throw your cigarette butts out the window!
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2019, 10:34:04 AM »
Regarding the 'Rock Rabbit' video, good practice demands you put masking tape in the places you will mark and drill, before you start. Just in case you slip (you never know when the G+T will kick in....LOL)

Just sayin'..... ::)
'Smile and the world smiles with you!' - Charlie Chaplin
'It's better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees' - Midnight Oil
https://soundcloud.com/search?q=whitestrat73

Offline frankenxtein

• Janitor
  • Original
  • Producer
  • What?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2019, 08:45:39 PM »
I liked it better without the extra weight :P but , it all works. I used nylon 1/8" spacers where the vibrato attached to the guitar face. So the vibrato doesn't sit on the face of the guitar.  The spring that comes with the vibrato is too tall so I had to cut it down. You probably would do good to get a 7/8"'s spring. There's a lot of space between the roller and the bridge. The angle is not so sharp so the strings go under the vibrato roller. The Roller bridge is really nice and a must in my opinion. The two setscrews on either side lets you lock it down no rocking of the bridge where it sits on the pin posts. The pin posts that came with the new bridge fit the same thread as the anchors/receivers on the guitar.

Online neilmac

• Original
  • Producer
  • What?
    • View Profile
    • Album for sale!
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2019, 09:57:36 PM »
Nice work!

Man I love that blue finish....tasty  8)