!!

Welcome to Two Track Music

Guest/Visitor, welcome to the Two Track Music forum area.  If you're not yet a member here, just click the Register link above to sign up.  It's free, quick, and relatively easy.

Once registered, you will be able to post anywhere in the forums, create topics, ask questions, show off your music, and collaborate with other members to create a new song or musical piece.

You will also be able to view post attachments, which are usually songs in progress or completed songs.  And, you'll have access to our TTM Articles section, which contains a variety of articles on software, hardware, mixing, mastering, and many other topics.  The forum Search option will also be available to you once registered.

Two Track Music is a somewhat 'laid back' community.  Just some good musicians and song writers hanging out, and having a good time.  We're not a high pressure or fast paced site, we just enjoy kicking back and making some music, and having fun while we're doing it.

If that sounds like your kind of place, please join us.  We'd love to have you in the mix.  And yes, pun intended... ;)

Additional Menu

TTM Shoutbox

Last 15 Shouts:

neilmac

Yesterday at 09:34:43 PM
He’s an international man of mystery Ags.....maybe he’s on a mission  8) or hiding from the law  :P

agradeleous

Yesterday at 10:21:12 AM
Where's Joom ? He's Mia again and I've been thinking God only comes by once in awhile then disappears for eons . I wonder if Joom is his street name ? Lol  ;D

agradeleous

Yesterday at 10:19:10 AM
You two please get a room !
Though I'm extremely jealous lol wish I could join up with you guys. 😊

papaG

May 25, 2019, 02:08:49 AM
Wouldn't you be some surprised if that actually happened  :P

neilmac

May 23, 2019, 11:11:01 PM
Takes a while to get here on a John Deere tractor .... that’s all they have in SK  :P

papaG

May 23, 2019, 01:41:28 PM
Soon, in just a few weeks 😀
Scored an outdoor gig while I'm there 😎

whitestrat73

May 23, 2019, 10:34:34 AM
Are ya there yet, PG?  ::)

papaG

May 21, 2019, 01:03:46 AM
I'm not there yet, Neil ;D

neilmac

May 20, 2019, 10:50:55 PM
All is good here Ags....how about you?

agradeleous

May 20, 2019, 10:48:10 PM
Hey folks what's up? Hope all is well :)

Smurf

May 15, 2019, 01:59:55 PM
And Tim Conway is there to make them laugh....... :'(

combobob

May 14, 2019, 08:35:11 PM
and now Doris Day is up there to sing to them. rip

papaG

May 13, 2019, 04:52:25 PM
Hope you all had a great Mother's Day with your favorite girls :)

onetrack

May 11, 2019, 06:10:33 AM
Sorry to hear that PapaG. Condolences to you.

frankenxtein

May 11, 2019, 03:40:55 AM
Deepest sympathy Papa G

Show 50 latest
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 27, 2019, 12:02:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: UNAD  (Read 470 times)

Offline agradeleous

• My stuffs
  • Original
  • Producer
  • Just hangin' here at TTM Upside Down
    • View Profile
    • Ags YouTube
UNAD
« on: March 07, 2019, 08:18:58 PM »
Upcoming new amp day . I have no idea how it's going to sound but it's nice to look at .
It's somewhat GC'S fault lol I been looking for something to replace my jetcity I sold just nail down size and wattage .
20 watt which the JC was just a tad to low . I was leaning heavily towards Bootlegger 30 watt all tube but I really want channel switching and started a whole new search which wasn't easy as I came back to Bootlegger . Then after GC's thread I got looking at some other things .

You all can take guesses to what it is . 😁

Offline gc

• Original
  • Producer
  • Not my monkey, not my circus.
    • View Profile
Re: UNAD
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2019, 02:39:30 AM »
Dude...if I were looking at my thread I'd have to guess Bugera V22 (or larger, more aggressive model) or one of the new Marshall DSL40r or something.  Or a JCM800 ;)

I'll get more popcorn & await the revelation.   Whatever it be...congrats!

Gordon

Offline agradeleous

• My stuffs
  • Original
  • Producer
    • View Profile
    • Ags YouTube
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2019, 08:04:48 AM »
Yup spot on GC 😁

Offline Gazebo

• Original
  • Manager
  • Making the grade for five decades....
    • View Profile
    • Gazebo Notes
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2019, 04:53:53 PM »
Which one?!?!
Free Download Prime Album here :http://kenrawe.bandcamp.com/album/prime

Offline neilmac

• Original
  • Producer
  • What?
    • View Profile
    • Album for sale!
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2019, 06:33:29 PM »
Ooooohhhhhhh  ;D

We’re getting some Electric Ags???
Can’t wait for that.....  ;D

He rocks BTW  8)

Electric Ags??
Hmmm.....
That’s be a good band name actually..... 8)
"If it looks good, you'll see it.If it sounds good you'll hear it. If it's marketed right you'll buy it. But if it's real, you'll feel it"

Offline agradeleous

• My stuffs
  • Original
  • Producer
    • View Profile
    • Ags YouTube
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2019, 07:23:14 PM »
Which one?!?!

That's the fun part of guessing 🙂
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 09:50:40 PM by agradeleous »

Offline agradeleous

• My stuffs
  • Original
  • Producer
    • View Profile
    • Ags YouTube
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2019, 07:24:59 PM »
Ooooohhhhhhh  ;D

We’re getting some Electric Ags???
Can’t wait for that.....  ;D

He rocks BTW  8)

Electric Ags??
Hmmm.....
That’s be a good band name actually..... 8)

I have yet to put the Epi Paul koa through it's paces . Sing with me !
Don't do the electric Ags avenue ... Lol
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 09:51:36 PM by agradeleous »

Offline frankenxtein

• Janitor
  • Original
  • Producer
  • What?
    • View Profile
    • Frankenxteins Sound Click Page
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2019, 01:08:29 AM »
Having a amp you don't have to crank all the way up to be heard or get some grit.
 I really like my homemade 5e5 with reverb (cathode biased)
Okay ... lets do this one more time ... take 43 http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=1277143

Offline agradeleous

• My stuffs
  • Original
  • Producer
    • View Profile
    • Ags YouTube
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2019, 08:52:08 PM »
Ok,Wow you all been killing it ! It was awesome having everyone play along so in kindness I'll get you folks of the edge of your seats .

GC Wins !!!

Offline gc

• Original
  • Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2019, 02:07:42 AM »
Congrats, Ag!  Pretty nice amp.  $$ is right.  Cleans are pristine.  Gain channel cranks & a lot of folks do not seem to like it so much.  I like it lots.  Boost switch works a charm.

The V22 I have has given me no problems other than the initial resistor that was blown.  I am a little wary of the Infinium bias monitoring system...but so far so good.  Like their peers, Bugera uses a lot of 1/4w passive components.  Send a strong input thru there & it weeds out anything marginal.  BUT...this is a killer little amp.  Did you know that Bugera makes their own speakers in house?  Pretty cool.  I also believe that Bugera listens to the problems reported from techs and correct issues in future releases.  Tough to find something that works this well at this price point.  Heavy sucker too.

Looking forward to your take on this box.

Gordon

Offline agradeleous

• My stuffs
  • Original
  • Producer
    • View Profile
    • Ags YouTube
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2019, 08:38:04 AM »
I hope to plug her in this afternoon . Only thing I read was some change the tubes which very well can happen if I keep her . I like the fact you can down the wattage from 55w to 22w .
I'm hoping it sound as good or better then the Jet city I had lol

Offline agradeleous

• My stuffs
  • Original
  • Producer
    • View Profile
    • Ags YouTube
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2019, 09:13:18 PM »
Just a short update on the amp . HOLY COW !!!!!!!  I'm impressed!!!  I didn't record anything the guitar needs new strings and my hands need moisturizing bad especially my thumb on the left hand .

So when when I can I'll put something together for a audio demo and I hope it sounds as good as I hear it !

Some points , this amp is unbelievably quiet and I'm blown away by that as I never had a quiet tube amp .

Next there's actually reaction from every knob be it bass,trebble , mids , presence they all have a dang good response to the slightest changes .

At first I'm thinking the crunch or lead channel sounded like an old tube amp when overdrive channels weren't known but it broke up enough that it was usable . My first thought was AC/DC .

I really was considering a 2 twelve model ( Bugara doesn't have one ) as the jet city lacked volume and I remember my old Peavey 1/12 combo also all tube was mind blowing loud at a  120 watts but it didn't have a great sound .

So I thought a 2 twelve would give me a good mix to bump it up not necessarily loud but room filling .

So here I am working on a AC/DC type sound and I start thinking I just need to add some peddles and man it'll sing .

I was kind reminded of Bootlegger amps I was considering which was 30 watts but class A tube bliss single channel . The best part of this amp was you have complete control over how you develpoed your sound .

Though I have played one it sure made me want one ! But single channel killed it , just think I'm thinking old school and not much experience on getting my sound through peddles .

Anyway this amp this 1/12 combo sounds like it does just that regardless of peddles as far as lead and chrunch or whatever you want to call it lol Overdrive haha .

But wait that gain pod next to my clean Volume knob maybe I should give it another go though I could of sworn it worked with the clean channel anyway I crank it up and holy bat gunao overdrive blizz , that'll teach me to read the distructions lol 

The sound the overdrive sound that is ,I don't know , best way I can say it is clean ! No unwanted underlying nasty noise or distortion .

Now add peddles and you've a great base to hone in your sound .

Lastly the reverb , thank you , thank you I have reverb onboard again more bliss and it sounds great !!!

Maybe I'm to excited and not seeing clearly enough and tomorrow I'll end up hating it .

Funny thing is I haven't put a hour into it yet and I'm that much impressed .

A most excellent score for the price if she keeps up and not break down in some way .

K that's enough blah blah .

Audio when I can 😁

Offline neilmac

• Original
  • Producer
  • What?
    • View Profile
    • Album for sale!
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2019, 12:11:36 AM »
Tease....  :P
"If it looks good, you'll see it.If it sounds good you'll hear it. If it's marketed right you'll buy it. But if it's real, you'll feel it"

Offline agradeleous

• My stuffs
  • Original
  • Producer
    • View Profile
    • Ags YouTube
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2019, 05:35:56 PM »
Sorry  :(

Offline gc

• Original
  • Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2019, 02:19:39 AM »
FWIW...Tubes...stock Bug stuff is ok Bugera branded Sino stuff.  Work ok for breaking in speaker & getting acquainted with the amp.  I rolled around some tubes & came up with the following currently in use in my V22: 
V1 - Ruby AC5 HG+   Good for clean channel & nice kick to the gain channel.
V2 - Sovtek WB    More 'kick' to the gain channel.
V3 - Ruby AC7 HG  PI

Power Tubes:  Sovtek EL84s   Strong & sound 'right' to my ear in this amp.  And I can plug in any guitar in my stash & it'll sound proper with minimal eq adjustments.  And I'll probably have to do a sound clip or vid now too.

I know a lot of folks that roll a lot of tubes into new amps.  Expensive if you don;t have this stuff just lying around.  Ruby I like because they just work for me.  Chinese made but torture tested & re-branded by Ruby.  Sovteks are just nice, strong, sweet sounding tubes.   You can go broke before you go crazy rolling tubes unless you remember those pots on the amp & axe.  Just sayin.

Gordon