!!

Welcome to Two Track Music

Guest/Visitor, welcome to the Two Track Music forum area.  If you're not yet a member here, just click the Register link above to sign up.  It's free, quick, and relatively easy.

Once registered, you will be able to post anywhere in the forums, create topics, ask questions, show off your music, and collaborate with other members to create a new song or musical piece.

You will also be able to view post attachments, which are usually songs in progress or completed songs.  And, you'll have access to our TTM Articles section, which contains a variety of articles on software, hardware, mixing, mastering, and many other topics.  The forum Search option will also be available to you once registered.

Two Track Music is a somewhat 'laid back' community.  Just some good musicians and song writers hanging out, and having a good time.  We're not a high pressure or fast paced site, we just enjoy kicking back and making some music, and having fun while we're doing it.

If that sounds like your kind of place, please join us.  We'd love to have you in the mix.  And yes, pun intended... ;)

Additional Menu

TTM Shoutbox

Last 15 Shouts:

whitestrat73

Today at 12:39:07 PM
Congrats, for your first gig! Hopefully, the first of many....  ;)
And, more congrats for the fund raising! That was a fine thing to do and a brilliant way to use your launch!  8)

RedJoker

Today at 10:59:35 AM
I had my first gig last night! Instead of collecting tips for me, I decided to make it a fundraiser.  We collected $383.25 for the local food bank!   :D

agradeleous

November 12, 2018, 11:19:42 AM
Oh and my recent post says yesterday when it was posted Friday ? Hmmm lol

agradeleous

November 12, 2018, 11:17:58 AM
Morning , a big thanks for your service on this Veterans Day ;)

Spock you know why my clock/world clock is show 1pm’ish when it’s 8:17 am ?

Smurf

November 12, 2018, 05:05:15 AM
Thanks White, I emailed / PM'd  some but never got a response.....I was starting to get a little worried!  8)

whitestrat73

November 11, 2018, 11:21:36 PM
Yeah, he's been busy with family commitments.....
Assures me all is fine.

Smurf

November 11, 2018, 02:54:38 PM
Hey Folks, has anyone heard from Mr. Joom?

way2lon

November 01, 2018, 06:02:22 AM

way2lon

November 01, 2018, 05:45:39 AM

Smurf

October 31, 2018, 12:22:44 PM
I think that is a good move CB... 8)

combobob

October 31, 2018, 08:21:40 AM
update on the Kristal Forum. after discussion with Matthias I have set it to must login to view discussion boards and no more registrations.
 :)

way2lon

October 29, 2018, 01:53:29 PM
Voting thread up for ODC Oct 2018...............Get voting here http://www.twotrackmusic.com/ttmforums/index.php?topic=1972.new#new

Smurf

October 28, 2018, 03:43:32 PM
I found changing the velocity in Reason a little fiddly for my taste....but the overall SOUND of the instruments was outstanding!

Smurf

October 28, 2018, 03:43:09 PM
Hey agr, I tried out the full version of Reason last year, but I like more control over the patterns. For my workflow I like Groove Monkee & Odd Grooves to lay down a root feel, then I go back in 90% of the time & tweak....add a ghost snare hit here, a cymbal there, etc. I found changing the velocit

agradeleous

October 27, 2018, 01:04:12 AM
And Mr. Smurf  I’m sure you would dig the drum programs .  :D

Show 50 latest
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 16, 2018, 05:48:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: November 2018 ODC - No More War  (Read 347 times)

Offline way2lon

• Original
  • Producer
  • Just hangin' here at TTM
    • View Profile
November 2018 ODC - No More War
« on: November 01, 2018, 06:00:32 AM »
It's 100 years since the end of the first world war.
In Britain we have a ceremony all over the country on the 11th of Nov at 11am where we have a silence for 2 mins to remember the dead and those who fought in that war and all other wars since. The 1st world war was supposed to be 'The War To End Wars' but it didn't so this month I'd suggest a song or tune to show your feelings about war.
So long as it's obvious to listeners what you are trying to say is all the rule there is.
Please let's try to show the we at TTM remember the war heros too and have a few more entries than previous 2 months.
A poem (spoken and recorded of course) will be just as welcome. Some poetry is so poignant that it does not need music .
What a pity we can't know in advance who the spoiling minority are!

Online RedJoker

• Manager
  • Yup, I have no avatar
    • View Profile
Re: November 2018 ODC - No More War
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2018, 02:05:24 PM »
Disclaimer: THIS IS NOT AN ENTRY

I just wanted to re-share a song I wrote when a friend of mine was recently deployed to Kuwait. Verse 2 is my veterinarian and verse 3 is for another veteran friend that does a lot to help prevent veteran suicides.

It may not be a fantastic song but it means a lot to me and my friends.

Offline onetrack

• Original
  • Producer
  • Ex-KAE and TTM member since 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2018, 10:46:57 PM »
Sorry but I have to be honest. No offence meant. Life has taken over in the past few months. Plus I don’t feel too inspired to write new music of late and I feel the last few challenges are going over old ground.

Here’s a similar themed challenge entry of mine from a few years back. I’d say it’s probably my favourite instrumental composition and one where I got the nice rarity of achieveing the song I set out.

https://soundcloud.com/honeycroft/comrades-alternate

Offline Smurf

• Original
  • Producer
  • Spring Cleaning Is A Must At This Point.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2018, 10:31:36 AM »
.....and I feel the last few challenges are going over old ground.

We have been doing this for a LONG time, so keeping it fresh and energizing is really difficult at times. It always picks back up for everyone....and it always seems to slow around this time of year some.

This is a good challenge W2L & some good tracks you two....I pray that everyone does not have a sad real-life story related to this months challenge.....
TTM - It is the antidote for the banal idiocy of our current society.

Offline agradeleous

• My stuffs
  • Original
  • Producer
  • Just hangin' here at TTM Upside Down
    • View Profile
    • Ags YouTube
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2018, 10:33:16 PM »
I was going to post thread on the topic about me but I didn’t . I already said my situation more then enough times to feel no one gave a crap lol which is right after all I repeated myself enough times .

On the challenge I just say my peace .  At the moment which has been on going for awhile , I’m not interested about the topics . I truly don’t know why as I remember my beginnings with you all and journey and the end result Which everyone here has helped me to achieve and for that I thank you !

I got to deep into buying guitars doing repairs etc it’s like a drug to be honest and has got out way out of hand lol so I’m slowing down selling the ones not needed keeping the ones that I feel will help me to create with thier diversity but time will tell .

I have projects and my home is a mess , is your a mess ? I don’t feel happy . I love but hate my job . I truly don’t paid enough I’m actually 14,000 under paid but I’m stuck . I also have a son to raise . Now think about income vrs bills and in my case I ride the wire and i’m Sure when you struggle financially none of use are bubbly happy .  I struggle to maintain my home and the must haves that our society says we have to have and I’m getting very angry over the whole thing about inflation and no wage adjustments. My son is a growing boy and those who have sons can agree they living eating pooping machine let activity costs .

That won’t change for me so in a sense since I can’t do much so the guitars became my crutch!

Let me touch again on the challenges . First I think there great especially for new blood I feel strongly are old asses need to rope new folks in ! I gave promoted the forum to do many I can’t count and still do when the opportunity presents itself.

Challenges for me I’d rather focus on my own style of writing and ideas .
I’m not motivated to write about a defined subject at this point .

Maybe that will change in time but honestl I can’t when .
We need new blood to fill the voids ! So start selling !

I see plenty of guests showing up though I don’t know if there bots or spammers but we need to find a way to point them in our direction .

If your not interested in bring new blood in then we deal with our short fallings and just press on .

Luv u guys each and everyone of you past and present!!!
Ugh if there typos I’m to tired to fix lol

Offline neilmac

• Original
  • Producer
  • What?
    • View Profile
    • Album for sale!
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2018, 01:22:55 AM »
 :-* :-*

I care....and I’m willing to bet everyone else around here will join in giving you a giant TTM hug......or at least a couple of banana gunners....

::-> ::->

C’mon everyone.....banana gunners for Agamundo!!
"If it looks good, you'll see it.If it sounds good you'll hear it. If it's marketed right you'll buy it. But if it's real, you'll feel it"

Offline way2lon

• Original
  • Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2018, 05:58:05 AM »
What Neil said but with beer and sausage. We have banana laws in Britain.
 (-!) (-!) (-!)

Online RedJoker

• Manager
  • Yup, I have no avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2018, 11:27:48 AM »
 ~:)

::-> (-!) ::-> (-!) ::->

)(?

Offline agradeleous

• My stuffs
  • Original
  • Producer
  • Just hangin' here at TTM Upside Down
    • View Profile
    • Ags YouTube
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2018, 04:57:13 PM »
What I meant by not giving crap was just the reading of posts me repeating why I can’t enter this or that challenge not that didn’t care about me personally but I thank you for guns and beer , there was beer right ?

Online RedJoker

• Manager
  • Yup, I have no avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2018, 06:50:01 PM »
What I meant by not giving crap was just the reading of posts me repeating why I can’t enter this or that challenge not that didn’t care about me personally but I thank you for guns and beer , there was beer right ?

Well... There WAS beer.... ;)

Offline way2lon

• Original
  • Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2018, 05:59:00 AM »
Listen guys...... Am I getting the impression that this is not a popular challenge? Let me know quickly and I can change it before I post a deadline.

Offline Cottonwood

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2018, 07:36:03 AM »
Listen guys...... Am I getting the impression that this is not a popular challenge? Let me know quickly and I can change it before I post a deadline.

This is the first challenge in a few months that I`ve actually come up with something...I`ve just got to do the vocals.

Doing a challenge every month, its inevitable we come up with ideas which have been covered before, but there`s so many ways of looking at a subject, I think we can take at it as part of the challenge to come up with something fresh and new...actually, I wouldn`t like to guess how many songs have been written about "Love"...
our outlook on life keeps changing as we get older as well!!

I think its a good challenge Dave!!

Offline way2lon

• Original
  • Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2018, 10:11:59 AM »
OK Pat. That settles it because I too have an entry almost complete. I'm hoping there will be other tracks as well as you and me. I'll finish mine soon but I'm waiting for a new HDD for my music pc first.
Deadline will be midnight 29th Nov (Fri)

Offline neilmac

• Original
  • Producer
  • What?
    • View Profile
    • Album for sale!
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2018, 05:58:53 PM »
Since you boys are almost done... the Soundcloud ODC Page is cleaned out ready for new uploads  :D
You're welcome  ;D
"If it looks good, you'll see it.If it sounds good you'll hear it. If it's marketed right you'll buy it. But if it's real, you'll feel it"

Offline way2lon

• Original
  • Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2018, 07:33:58 PM »
Thanks Neil. Hope you have one in the pipe.