!!

Welcome to Two Track Music

Guest/Visitor, welcome to the Two Track Music forum area.  If you're not yet a member here, just click the Register link above to sign up.  It's free, quick, and relatively easy.

Once registered, you will be able to post anywhere in the forums, create topics, ask questions, show off your music, and collaborate with other members to create a new song or musical piece.

You will also be able to view post attachments, which are usually songs in progress or completed songs.  And, you'll have access to our TTM Articles section, which contains a variety of articles on software, hardware, mixing, mastering, and many other topics.  The forum Search option will also be available to you once registered.

Two Track Music is a somewhat 'laid back' community.  Just some good musicians and song writers hanging out, and having a good time.  We're not a high pressure or fast paced site, we just enjoy kicking back and making some music, and having fun while we're doing it.

If that sounds like your kind of place, please join us.  We'd love to have you in the mix.  And yes, pun intended... ;)

Additional Menu

TTM Shoutbox

Last 15 Shouts:

Smurf

May 21, 2018, 04:57:08 PM
I hear ya Joom......I hear ya......

Joom

May 20, 2018, 09:57:13 PM
At least when it's one of your grandkids...  :(

Joom

May 20, 2018, 09:55:56 PM
Worked the first half of the day, then kids and grandkids came out for the afternoon.  Didn't know it, but one of the granddaughters is studying to be a pediatric nurse in the Air Force.  Go figure.  From all the news, just doesn't seem like a good time to jump into the military...

Joom

May 20, 2018, 01:02:21 AM
It did, Smurf.  Met some new neighbors, got to see a couple we hadn't seen for a while, and just had a good chat.  And everybody enjoyed the food.  We enjoyed it.  But now tomorrow and Monday will be cleaning up and moving a ton of stuff again...

Smurf

May 20, 2018, 12:49:05 AM
I'm glad to hear that so many did show up with the weather being so sucky, and glad everyone had a good time! ;D

That included you folks also, right?! 8)

Joom

May 19, 2018, 09:40:02 PM
Well, after all that work it's over.  Did rain all day, so it was an inside affair.  And of course the rain kept a few from coming, ended up with 36.  All had a great time chatting and eating, it was worth the work.  And I have leftovers.  Now, song stuff...

Smurf

May 19, 2018, 03:44:08 PM
I hope today is going well for you my friend!

agradeleous

May 19, 2018, 10:28:37 AM
Morning strangers .
Hey Joom no coffee outside this morning .

agradeleous

May 19, 2018, 08:56:30 AM
Welcome to my world Joom hope it all works out ;) there’s always left overs :)

Joom

May 19, 2018, 01:01:11 AM
Well, everything is ready to go, whether it's inside or out.  Tons of prep work, lots of food ready to cook, and today the wife baked 4 cakes and 50 cupcakes for dessert.  We have food for 50, but with the rain I don't expect more than 30 or so.  In any case, won't be back here till tomorrow night...

Joom

May 18, 2018, 05:08:45 PM
Some probably won't come, and the rest will all have to fit in the house somehow.

Why me Lord?
What have I ever done
To deserve even one
Of the days that I've had

Ah well...  :P

Joom

May 18, 2018, 05:05:07 PM
Ahhhhhh!!!

Got the 2 picnic tables hauled in and set up today, 30 lawn chairs ready to go, tables to cook outside, lots of other crap, and just saw that now they're calling for rain tomorrow...  :o >:( ???

Joom

May 17, 2018, 05:26:30 PM
Computer problems all fixed for the day.  Just corrupted system files.  They're happy.  Now to the real work stuff...

Joom

May 17, 2018, 10:43:50 AM
Well, gotta go fix a computer problem, then back to prepping for Saturday.

Have to find time in there somewhere to write a song...  ???

RedJoker

May 16, 2018, 01:12:38 PM
I'm just being silly based on neil's comments of weed varieties.  In my head, it was funny to associate Acoustic Alchemy to weed shops.   ;D ;D

Show 50 latest
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 24, 2018, 08:42:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The life and times of a country boy...  (Read 163 times)

Online Joom

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • Producer
  • Old, tired, and ready to jam...
    • View Profile
The life and times of a country boy...
« on: May 16, 2018, 08:26:10 PM »
From a post I almost started last month:

Oh well it's whining time again, because it's April
       I know that no one reads these posts but that's okay
       I just feel the need to whine I hope you don't mind
       And I promise not to whine again till May

Now they say that whining doesn't make things better
       And that no one likes to listen to complaints
       But sometimes a little whining helps to ease the stress
       As long as you at least use some restraint

Yeah, last month was rough.  But I didn't write that 5 page whining blog - yet!  We had the worst snow storm of the winter, really wet snow, really heavy snow, and really high winds.  And guess what, we apparently lost the only key to the plow truck.  So after shoveling my butt off for a couple days because the snow was too wet and heavy for the blower (and still couldn't find the truck key), I decided to do what everyone said couldn't be done - rewire the truck with manual switches.  I wasn't going to pay a couple thousand to have the truck hauled in and keys made for it.  So, two days of work tearing apart the steering wheel, column, and everything else, all while still shoveling snow, I bypassed all safety units and got it all rewired, and removed the steering and shifting safety units.  Then started plowing, and it was nice.  Till I had to plow out the other house to get propane delivered, and bent the truck up because the wet heavy snow banked up in front and twisted the frame and blew a hydraulic cylinder.  3 days trying to shovel that out and get it back where I could work on it, then the neighbor (mile away) came down the road with his tractor and plowed me out and helped get the truck out.  Truck is still not fixed, because I've had to work on lawn mowers, bikes, cars, and other stuff.  But that was last month.

This month:  Decades ago, we used to have neighborhood get-togethers around here, but it hasn't happened since the 60's, and I've missed that.  Neighbors would come from all around the area for an outside dinner/social thing.  So a couple weeks ago the wife suggested we do just that, and I thought the idea was great.  So, we've spent the last two weeks grocery shopping and trying to get things ready at the other house.  3 days ago I spent the day whacking big stick weeds and burdocks down all over the place - with a machete, and hauling them off.  Then she realized the oven in our good stove at that house wasn't working, so yesterday and today I worked on that.  Electronic igniter and safety valve shot, and can't get a replacement in time.  Hauled some outdoor chairs and our 2 picnic tables to the front yard, where we're hosting the social.  But I have to move them out of the way to mow the lawn tomorrow for the first time and clean up that area.  That's when I discovered about a dozen of our outdoor chairs were missing, so have to grab some more.  From everyone we talked to in the area (large neighborhood) we're expecting about 40-45 people.

So, Friday, I'm setting up our new electric grill, a microwave, and an electric oven (because our good one isn't working) on a table in the front yard for the wife to cook with (cooking to order).  Nothing fancy, burgers, hot dogs, french fries, few different kinds of salads, cakes and cupcakes for desert - juice-a few kinds of soda-and of course coffee for drinks.  And Saturday is the social.  Should be fun, but what a pain it's been getting ready, and still not done.

So, last month was strictly whining and complaining, but this month the whining is mostly for a good cause.  And I may not whine again still fall...  (-!)

Cause during the summer:
Well life on the farm is kinda laid back
Ain't much an old country boy like me
Can't hack

Early rise, hardly ever in the sack
But I'm glad I'm a country boy  (!:)

So there..........  (-!)
A few quick and dirty cheaters from the old days, just for kicks...... www.twotrackmusic.com/joomcheats

Offline papaG

• Too fat to fly....
  • Original
  • Producer
  • Just hangin' here at TTM
    • View Profile
Re: The life and times of a country boy...
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 11:23:51 PM »
Tougher than me, Boss. Wore me right out just reading that. Needs me a nap ???

Offline DazzJayy

• Groupie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2018, 12:34:17 AM »
nothin wrong with a good whine, hope things pick up for you Jman ;)

Online Joom

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2018, 01:10:41 AM »
Tougher than me, Boss. Wore me right out just reading that. Needs me a nap ???

Oh, I'm worn out, G.  Back, neck, hips, knees, shoulders, and all around just toasted.  But hey, I'm hoping it all keeps me in shape as opposed to not doing much work....
A few quick and dirty cheaters from the old days, just for kicks...... www.twotrackmusic.com/joomcheats

Online Joom

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2018, 01:16:02 AM »
nothin wrong with a good whine, hope things pick up for you Jman ;)

Thanks, Daz, I'm sure things will pick up now, or after I get a few more things done and fixed.  Things just seem like a lot more work than they used to.  And I did find out yesterday it was a lot harder to pick up a 500lb old horse drawn plow and put it on the trailer to move it than it was 15 years ago when I put it there.  :P

But yeah, once in a while it just seems to help to gripe/whine/complain.  Not good for anybody else, but sometimes they put up with it...  (-!)

Offline Smurf

• Original
  • Producer
  • Spring Cleaning Is A Must At This Point.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2018, 04:45:22 AM »
Blowing off steam is healthy IMHO....it is when a person don't allow themselves to do this that worries me.....

I hope the get together goes well for you folks!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 12:03:55 PM by Smurf »
TTM - It is the antidote for the banal idiocy of our current society.

Online Joom

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2018, 10:39:06 AM »
I hope the get together goes well for you folks!

Thanks, Smurf.  I'm assuming it's just a one time thing (one last time for old time's sake), but who knows, maybe all the new members of the community will see the benefits of knowing your neighbors and turn it into a semi-regular thing again.  The older members of the community remember those times, but the newer people acted like "Wow, that's a cool idea".  Like they'd never heard of such a thing.

I was a little bummed a week ago when I checked the long range forecast and suddenly they were calling for rain and wind Saturday, but checked yesterday and it's back to just mostly cloudy with 64f and 10mph wind.  Should be okay.  Hope so, be hard to comfortably fit that many in the house.

All the prep and cooking is kind of a pain, but worth it.  The folks and other ancestors would have been glad to see it happen.

Just too bad we can't do the same with the TTM community...  :(

Offline way2lon

• Original
  • Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2018, 11:07:50 AM »
I can't work out what you are Joom, an optimistic pessimist or a pessimistic optimist. Either way it don't seem to make much difference cos you seem to thrive on adversity and 'good luck' to you old buddy...just keep taking the medicine - it'll kick in one day?  (!:)
What a pity we can't know in advance who the spoiling minority are!

Online Joom

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2018, 11:29:23 AM »
I can't work out what you are Joom, an optimistic pessimist or a pessimistic optimist. Either way it don't seem to make much difference cos you seem to thrive on adversity and 'good luck' to you old buddy...just keep taking the medicine - it'll kick in one day?  (!:)

:P :P

Could do with a little less adversity sometimes, W, but I do believe that a little adversity (both mental and physical) can help keep both in better shape.  Kind of like a forced mental and physical exercise routine.  As long as it's not an overload.  And lately there has been a bit of an overload, but I see that easing up soon.

But now you have me trying to figure out which it is between the two - "an optimistic pessimist or a pessimistic optimist".....  ::)     :P

Offline Smurf

• Original
  • Producer
  • Spring Cleaning Is A Must At This Point.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2018, 12:07:09 PM »
Just too bad we can't do the same with the TTM community...  :(

Heck, we do this every time a few of us be online together, even if we can't get into a food fight! ::->

And that is a good one w2l! :P  8)
TTM - It is the antidote for the banal idiocy of our current society.

Online Joom

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2018, 05:24:44 PM »
Heck, we do this every time a few of us be online together, even if we can't get into a food fight! ::->

True dat, Smurf.  I do enjoy it when lots of us are hanging out here and chatting about things, so kind of like coffee with the crew.  Oh, and somehow Neil and G do seem to be able to get into a food fight here, but the rest of us don't seem to have a knack for it...

Offline neilmac

• Original
  • Producer
  • What?
    • View Profile
    • Album for sale!
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2018, 06:10:23 PM »
True dat, Smurf.  I do enjoy it when lots of us are hanging out here and chatting about things, so kind of like coffee with the crew.  Oh, and somehow Neil and G do seem to be able to get into a food fight here, but the rest of us don't seem to have a knack for it...

Shouldn’t have given us the banana gunner and the pirate then 😜😜

::-> (-!)
"If it looks good, you'll see it.If it sounds good you'll hear it. If it's marketed right you'll buy it. But if it's real, you'll feel it"

Online Joom

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2018, 06:23:49 PM »
Had to give 'em to somebody, Neil, and you two seemed to be the perfect fit.  At least G brought his own hat.  ;D

I think you two need to do a song together, and I'd love to write it.  As soon as I get another one written that I'm currently stuck on...

Offline neilmac

• Original
  • Producer
  • What?
    • View Profile
    • Album for sale!
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2018, 08:41:24 PM »
Had to give 'em to somebody, Neil, and you two seemed to be the perfect fit.  At least G brought his own hat.  ;D

I think you two need to do a song together, and I'd love to write it.  As soon as I get another one written that I'm currently stuck on...

As long as it’s not “I Got You, Babe”.....I’m in lol
"If it looks good, you'll see it.If it sounds good you'll hear it. If it's marketed right you'll buy it. But if it's real, you'll feel it"

Online Joom

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2018, 11:40:09 PM »
As long as it’s not “I Got You, Babe”.....I’m in lol

:P :P :P

Wow, and I hadn't thought of that.

So, ummmm.........

Well I got a buddy who lives over there
He can be a little testy but I don't care
He's got musical talent that I can't knock
And when you put us both together we sure can rock
......And roll

He might tease me a little from time to time
And I tease him back but that's just fine
Cause we're both Canadians
......And that's the bottom line

=====================

Just funnin...  (-!)