!!

Welcome to Two Track Music

Guest/Visitor, welcome to the Two Track Music forum area.  If you're not yet a member here, just click the Register link above to sign up.  It's free, quick, and relatively easy.

Once registered, you will be able to post anywhere in the forums, create topics, ask questions, show off your music, and collaborate with other members to create a new song or musical piece.

You will also be able to view post attachments, which are usually songs in progress or completed songs.  And, you'll have access to our TTM Articles section, which contains a variety of articles on software, hardware, mixing, mastering, and many other topics.  The forum Search option will also be available to you once registered.

Two Track Music is a somewhat 'laid back' community.  Just some good musicians and song writers hanging out, and having a good time.  We're not a high pressure or fast paced site, we just enjoy kicking back and making some music, and having fun while we're doing it.

If that sounds like your kind of place, please join us.  We'd love to have you in the mix.  And yes, pun intended... ;)

Additional Menu

TTM Shoutbox

Last 15 Shouts:

whitestrat73

December 14, 2018, 10:01:46 AM
Hello and welcome HenryBrown!
Tell us a little about yourself....

agradeleous

December 11, 2018, 10:58:03 AM
Past morning helllo and hello this morn Mathew:)

HarmonicEarth

December 10, 2018, 11:08:03 AM
Mornin' all

neilmac

December 08, 2018, 02:28:57 PM
The tie is broken!!! Without the need for a dance off!!
Huzzah!!

neilmac

December 08, 2018, 04:20:38 AM
Who wants to cast the deciding vote in the ODC??
You have until the morning my time...or up to 12 hours from now.....otherwise it goes to a dance off....  :o :o And nobody wants to see that :P

Smurf

December 07, 2018, 03:21:49 AM
Hey HE!

HarmonicEarth

December 06, 2018, 03:22:24 PM
Howdy ;)

agradeleous

December 04, 2018, 07:38:50 PM
Yup ! 🤪

Where’s our beer emoji and gun guy not in the shout or gone for good ? I forget lol

neilmac

December 03, 2018, 02:30:36 AM

neilmac

November 28, 2018, 01:02:24 AM
Yo Deej  8)

whitestrat73

November 24, 2018, 10:41:44 PM
Missed ya, again.....  ::)

DJKTRox

November 24, 2018, 06:44:07 PM
hey, sorry all th replies were after I'd gone to bed...just popping by to say hi :)

whitestrat73

November 22, 2018, 04:49:37 PM
Welcome to the forum, Piove!

Smurf

November 18, 2018, 04:11:56 AM
Outstanding Red! And HEY DJ!

Show 50 latest
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2018, 01:13:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The 2016 Adventure....So Far....  (Read 4861 times)

Offline agradeleous

• My stuffs
  • Original
  • Producer
  • Just hangin' here at TTM Upside Down
    • View Profile
    • Ags YouTube
Re: The 2016 Adventure....So Far....
« Reply #105 on: October 01, 2018, 02:01:41 PM »
Thats better :)
Cool book now I have some names for the funky tunings.  I need to see if all of mine are in there :)

Offline neilmac

• Original
  • Producer
  • What?
    • View Profile
    • Album for sale!
« Reply #106 on: October 01, 2018, 06:46:33 PM »
That looks interesting...thanks Smurf!
"If it looks good, you'll see it.If it sounds good you'll hear it. If it's marketed right you'll buy it. But if it's real, you'll feel it"

Offline neilmac

• Original
  • Producer
  • What?
    • View Profile
    • Album for sale!
« Reply #107 on: October 01, 2018, 06:47:24 PM »
Thats better :)
Cool book now I have some names for the funky tunings.  I need to see if all of mine are in there :)

I'm pretty sure there's a special tuning that isn't there...we'll just call it the Key of Ags :D
"If it looks good, you'll see it.If it sounds good you'll hear it. If it's marketed right you'll buy it. But if it's real, you'll feel it"

Offline Smurf

• Original
  • Producer
  • Spring Cleaning Is A Must At This Point.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 07, 2018, 03:32:53 AM »
OK, down to the final equipment & studio shuffle...???..just bought the Hotone Binary Cab and have these thoughts that I posted to the store where I bought it... ;)

=====

OK, Here is my thoughts after about 11 hours of using the box thru an amp, small PA, and Direct Recording (what I mainly bought it for)...

It is SO much easier changing the IR's in the box than trying to change IR's on the screen in software in my DAW, which is the big reason I bought it. Grabbing a knob instead of a mouse keeps me "in the flow" much better. There are a TON of solid sounding IR's here. All the IR's are 768kb in size, but I did not have any problems loading my old Recabinet 2 series or newer OwnHammer IR's into the box.

Plus, the Mic emulations are spot on. I can say that because as I sit here I own a 57,58, e609, and a MD421 . I have used them all for  years now and can say without a doubt that the matching mic emulations in this thing are 99.99% correct in tone thru out the X-Y-Z settings. Also, the X-Y-Z Mic Positions using these mic's is flat out uncanny. I have NO problem saying these 4 mic's are correct to real life.  ;D

As for the Power Amps, I feel the 6L6 models are close, but I don't have a real tube amp sitting here to compare the 2 ATM....I would say they are also solid models of the amps they represent in this box.

Now for what I consider is the bad....the thing does NOT come with a power supply or any type of instructions!  >:(  $150 and you can not supply a power supply? Or even a small quick start card? This is the reason I subtracted a star.

In the Hotone Binary software, when you are in a list, you can NOT use your arrow keys to move up / down or the Enter key to select the item you are on.. ::)..you HAVE to use a mouse which slows using the software down.

The IR's are not grouped together, there are Bass Cabs mixed in with Guitar Cabs thru out the list....nit picking I know, but still..... ;)

Tho turning a knob on the Box is reflected in the Software, they do not "sync" at all. Thus you can make an adjustment in the software, but as soon as you turn the knob the setting will jump to where the knob is....very annoying! They should have used encoders for the controls.

The Room Verb that is supplied in the box has too long of tail, it is more of a Small / Med Hall than a Room, and even on the lowest settings the tail is annoying.  :o

These are not deal killers, but small things that need addressed in a future update (soon I hope, Hotone are ya out there?!  ;D)

Is it worth $150? For ME I say yes, but it could be better. I like it slightly better than the Radar, and tho I have not played with the JOYO R series R-08 CAB BOX that is out now, I think the Hotone Binary Cab was priced OK.  I will update in a month or so...... 8)

=====

http://www.hotoneaudio.com/uploads/180530/1-1P53016095T21.png
TTM - It is the antidote for the banal idiocy of our current society.