!!

Welcome to Two Track Music

Guest/Visitor, welcome to the Two Track Music forum area.  If you're not yet a member here, just click the Register link above to sign up.  It's free, quick, and relatively easy.

Once registered, you will be able to post anywhere in the forums, create topics, ask questions, show off your music, and collaborate with other members to create a new song or musical piece.

You will also be able to view post attachments, which are usually songs in progress or completed songs.  And, you'll have access to our TTM Articles section, which contains a variety of articles on software, hardware, mixing, mastering, and many other topics.  The forum Search option will also be available to you once registered.

Two Track Music is a somewhat 'laid back' community.  Just some good musicians and song writers hanging out, and having a good time.  We're not a high pressure or fast paced site, we just enjoy kicking back and making some music, and having fun while we're doing it.

If that sounds like your kind of place, please join us.  We'd love to have you in the mix.  And yes, pun intended... ;)

Additional Menu

TTM Shoutbox

Last 15 Shouts:

kevmsmith81

October 18, 2018, 09:06:01 AM
Just seen your follow up message lol

kevmsmith81

October 18, 2018, 09:04:02 AM
@Combobob - the Kristal forum still looks to be online to me?  I've logged in and everything.

Jm2552

October 17, 2018, 08:18:28 PM
RJ, you could always try some Tom Waits!

RedJoker

October 17, 2018, 03:55:05 PM
I've had a nasty cold that made me hoarse but today I felt much better and was able to sing!  Not well but I really enjoyed being able to practice at lunch. :)

combobob

October 16, 2018, 10:56:56 PM
Never mind, it's still there

combobob

October 16, 2018, 07:47:07 PM
I suggested to Matthias that he finally close the Kristal forum as it is still a haven for spam that I have to clean up each day. It looks lilke he did it...
 :o

neilmac

October 13, 2018, 08:11:35 PM
Much wailing and gnashing of teeth from the west.....

agradeleous

October 07, 2018, 10:24:18 PM
NZ definitely consider living there , hmm wait isn’t it located on the ring of fire ? I don’t have luck with fire . Lol

combobob

October 07, 2018, 12:34:48 AM
On vacation in NZ. Beautiful weather and scenery.

neilmac

October 06, 2018, 10:57:50 PM
TTM Archive is updated, TTM Winners Soundcloud updated...if you have S/C and haven't followed the Winners Circle yet you can right here:
https://soundcloud.com/ttm-odc

agradeleous

October 05, 2018, 01:02:30 PM
FRIDAY !!!!! Yaaaay !!  

neilmac

October 01, 2018, 06:43:59 PM
It would have won too  ;D

Smurf

October 01, 2018, 11:52:51 AM
Hey White, Fred was the truckers dog in Smokey & The Bandit. My entry was going to be about his (Freds) view of the whole race to get the beer.....  :P 8)

whitestrat73

September 30, 2018, 08:42:02 PM
 :o
Wow, that's ........
Who's Fred?
 ::)

Smurf

September 30, 2018, 03:03:23 PM
Well.....Fred jumped in the pond & I can't get him out, so no entry from me this time.... :(

Show 50 latest
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2018, 02:12:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Taking a break...  (Read 370 times)

Offline Joom

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • Producer
  • Old, tired, and ready to jam...
    • View Profile
Taking a break...
« on: January 28, 2018, 07:04:57 PM »
Sunny day here in the north, so I finally decided to take a break today and go for a ride.  One of our favorite pastimes is riding through the back roads and trails, daytime rides and midnight rides.  The midnight rides are fun because you sometimes see things you don't normally see during the day.

We used to always do it with dirt bikes and/or quads and/or side-by-sides, but a while back I decided I wasn't as fond of dust/rain/wind/cold, so I picked up a Geo Tracker with a lift kit and other addons, and we mostly use that now.  Heat (when it's cold), AC (when it's hot), radio, no dust or bugs or weather issues, and plenty of space to take coffee and a picnic lunch.

And we don't just take our rides in good weather, but today was a nice sunny day.  Oh, and I grabbed a pic while we were out.  Not much snow at all for this time of year, compared to back in the day...
A few quick and dirty cheaters from the old days, just for kicks...... www.twotrackmusic.com/joomcheats

Offline onetrack

• Original
  • Producer
  • Ex-KAE and TTM member since 2011
    • View Profile
Re: Taking a break...
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2018, 07:51:27 PM »
Sounds chilled out bliss. In contrast I’ve spent all weekend in the toilet.

No I haven’t got the runs. I’ve been decorating. God I hate it. I hate stripped old paint off doors and skirting board. I hate rushing to paint and realising the paint I didn’t scrape off looks silly alongside where I did manage to get it off.

But I mostly hate it cos I’ve put my back out! Guess I’ll be phoning thenosteopath in the morning 😕

Offline Joom

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2018, 08:05:32 PM »
Just take a break and do something fun, One, then come back and look at it from a new perspective.

Of course, that's never helped me when I'm working on something that's not going well, but you never know.  8)

Otherwise, I just say "Enough, it's fine the way it is", and go have coffee.  (-!)

Hope the back gets better, I know how you feel.  Not much I do anymore without first putting on my Dr. Ho belt and pumping it up.  It does help...
A few quick and dirty cheaters from the old days, just for kicks...... www.twotrackmusic.com/joomcheats

Offline Dino

• Original
  • Producer
  • Just hangin' here at TTM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2018, 11:13:49 PM »
Do those Dr Ho belts really work J?

He was advertising on the Info Advert Channels here some time ago

Offline Joom

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2018, 11:35:02 PM »
It really does help, Dino.  Not a cure, but it does relieve the pressure.

I have a couple of the stretchy ones that support the back when working, and they do also help, but wearing the Ho belt for 2-4 hours a day makes an overall difference in separating your discs (decompression), which helps long term.

Mine uses a hand pump that you connect to a valve on the belt, and I pump mine up as much as it will go.  You can feel it lifting your back and relieving the pressure on the discs as you pump it up.  I can see that it might be hard to use for someone with a lot of belly mass, but even then it would help.  And when I'm done and let the air out to take it off, you can really feel your back coming back down.  But not as much as before you wore it.  Very similar to traction, but much easier.

I also have a traction machine with a hand crank, but I like the belt the best.

I wear it sometimes too when we're out riding down bumpy back roads and trails, it keeps the bumps from affecting my back.

Overall, I'd recommend it for anyone with back problems...

Offline onetrack

• Original
  • Producer
  • Ex-KAE and TTM member since 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2018, 12:18:50 AM »
Hey Joom, I’ve not heard of dr ho belt. I need to investigate.

Offline Joom

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • Producer
    • View Profile

Offline Dino

• Original
  • Producer
  • Just hangin' here at TTM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2018, 02:52:25 AM »
I have also watched the info-mercials on the "Back Bubble" but not sure if that works

https://www.amazon.com/Back-Bubble-Spinal-Decompression-Relief/dp/B01LMOS1SU

I actually have had sciatica problems for a while so maybe the Dr Ho will work?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 02:56:54 AM by Dino »

Offline Joom

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2018, 05:21:04 AM »
The 'Back Bubble' would also help, Dino, but like the inversion chairs-

https://www.amazon.com/Teeter-FDA-Cleared-Inversion-3rd-Party-Engineering/dp/B01BSCN9DS

you're stuck in one place while using it.

Basically, they're all a form of spinal traction like you would receive in a medical office, and there are lots of different types on the market.  They would all help your back to some extent, but I like the belt because I can wear it for longer periods and it doesn't tie me down (I can keep doing things).

Besides herniated and compressed discs, I also have problems with the sciatic nerve sometimes.  Hurts when it's irritated, but serious pain when it's pinched.  Like can't walk or even stand.

I have a couple of the stationary systems similar to the Back Bubble, and they do help, but I much prefer the belt.  After I bought the Dr. Ho belt, I also bought a couple off-brand belts that work the same way, and found them to work just as well as the Dr. Ho.  And they're much cheaper.

If you get any of these systems, use it every day and give it a few days to really start to see a difference.  One use can produce a small but noticeable effect, but it takes a few uses to really start working.  Either way, good luck with it and I hope whichever you choose helps.  Back pain (especially sciatica) sucks.

And let me know how it goes...

Offline whitestrat73

• Still the right side of the grass! :P
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • Don't throw your cigarette butts out the window!
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2018, 11:06:14 AM »
Hey, you guys should get over here, to the UK, and commit treason. I hear they have some great stretching machines in the Tower Of London....  ::)
You won't be tied down, either. They use chains..... hee, hee, hee.....  :P
 (-!)
'Smile and the world smiles with you!' - Charlie Chaplin
'It's better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees' - Midnight Oil
https://soundcloud.com/search?q=whitestrat73

Offline Joom

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2018, 11:30:23 AM »
Hmmmm...... So in most people that would create a chain reaction, eh?  8)