!!

Welcome to Two Track Music

Guest/Visitor, welcome to the Two Track Music forum area.  If you're not yet a member here, just click the Register link above to sign up.  It's free, quick, and relatively easy.

Once registered, you will be able to post anywhere in the forums, create topics, ask questions, show off your music, and collaborate with other members to create a new song or musical piece.

You will also be able to view post attachments, which are usually songs in progress or completed songs.  And, you'll have access to our TTM Articles section, which contains a variety of articles on software, hardware, mixing, mastering, and many other topics.  The forum Search option will also be available to you once registered.

Two Track Music is a somewhat 'laid back' community.  Just some good musicians and song writers hanging out, and having a good time.  We're not a high pressure or fast paced site, we just enjoy kicking back and making some music, and having fun while we're doing it.

If that sounds like your kind of place, please join us.  We'd love to have you in the mix.  And yes, pun intended... ;)

Additional Menu

TTM Shoutbox

Last 15 Shouts:

whitestrat73

August 17, 2018, 04:15:51 PM
 :-[

RedJoker

August 17, 2018, 02:29:19 PM
I had to have a brain scan once but it came back negative.

Jm2552

August 17, 2018, 02:18:49 PM
...yet, no one's seen the results of that test...

whitestrat73

August 17, 2018, 12:07:49 PM
And a welcome to Mccarroll
Watch out for the loonies..... ;)
Not me, of course, my mum had me tested....  :P

whitestrat73

August 16, 2018, 06:18:50 PM
Welcome, new member JimmyBarnard!
Enjoy....

agradeleous

August 12, 2018, 01:19:08 PM
Yes sir you did ;)

Dino

August 11, 2018, 12:56:06 AM
oh well.  my bad  :)

At least I got ya on FBook.

agradeleous

August 10, 2018, 08:15:01 AM
Dino July !? It’s August 2 lol

neilmac

August 09, 2018, 11:04:53 PM
Happy belated birthday Agamundo!!  :-* :-* :-* :-*

BoneDigger

August 09, 2018, 02:47:08 PM
I guess I should actually read more! We'll happy belated birthday AG and happy birthday to Dino even though it's not his birthday! And happy early birthday to me (mine is in April)!  ;D

Dino

August 09, 2018, 06:33:09 AM
NO...not my Birthday.

AG was just saying that TTM members missed his birthday in July

BoneDigger

August 09, 2018, 01:37:25 AM
Happy birthday Dino!

Dino

August 09, 2018, 01:18:57 AM
At least i got to say HB on Fbook  :D :)

agradeleous

August 08, 2018, 09:28:24 PM
Yeah August and not one birthday wish ( unless I missed it ) slackers !!!  😜

BoneDigger

August 08, 2018, 12:58:43 PM
The August ODC is up and ready to go.  Dust off those Blue Suede Shoes!

Show 50 latest
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 19, 2018, 03:03:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The Blue Deluxe  (Read 286 times)

Online neilmac

• Original
  • Producer
  • What?
    • View Profile
    • Album for sale!
Re: The Blue Deluxe
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2018, 03:36:23 PM »
If you look really carefully you can see the three sections on the back, particularly after the first coat. If you were to look at it end on the centre is a slightly different colour, but the face is a pretty close match....if that makes sense.

The “x”, if I’m seeeing the same thing, is on that centre piece.....different grain....
"If it looks good, you'll see it.If it sounds good you'll hear it. If it's marketed right you'll buy it. But if it's real, you'll feel it"

Online neilmac

• Original
  • Producer
  • What?
    • View Profile
    • Album for sale!
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2018, 04:25:06 PM »
Some more pics from yesterday....

After sanding down the rough finish on Saturday night I did more colour coats. Came up pretty nice. Then it was onto the 600 and 800 grit for the neck and go over the body again before clearcoat. Also removed the taping on the binding and razored the excess paint and glue from the tape off the binding, and sanded the paint edge with 800 grit.

Now to be fair, I like the colour/finish....but it wasn't quite what I expected to see at this point. Maybe after the clearcoat and polishing it'll come up different, but for now it seems a little less "solid" than I was expecting, if you know what I mean. It's not a shortage of coats let me tell you :P

Possibly I did something wrong..... but I still think it looks pretty good....
Also noticed a few blemishes in the paint job which can't be fixed without major effort...luckily it's on the bottom side so it won't be so obvious lol

Anyway, on to the clear coat....

Went on really nice on the neck, makes it look stained without the stain :P
The body however didn't seem to go so well... got it a little thick in places :( 
Having said that, the finish is, once again, rough so it'll need a sanding before the next clear coat goes on, so maybe it'll level out at that point. Wait and see I guess.....

It's all a learning process - nothing is wasted, even mistakes  ;D
"If it looks good, you'll see it.If it sounds good you'll hear it. If it's marketed right you'll buy it. But if it's real, you'll feel it"

Online whitestrat73

• Still the right side of the grass! :P
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • Don't throw your cigarette butts out the window!
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2018, 05:26:13 PM »
Looking good, Neil!  8)

Did you not give it an undercoat? Sometimes the full colour doesn't come out unless there's an undercoat, possibly locks the surface grain, too. I'd guess an off white or grey for Blue.... Just wondering....  ::)

Nice work, looking forward to hearin' this!

(-!)
'Smile and the world smiles with you!' - Charlie Chaplin
'It's better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees' - Midnight Oil
https://soundcloud.com/search?q=whitestrat73

Offline BoneDigger

• The Bone King
  • Just sittin' alone, digging up bones.
    • View Profile
    • McMakin Music
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2018, 03:51:44 PM »
Great looking guitar!  I'm not a huge humbucker fan (single coils for me!), but I bet it'll sound great!
"You are talking about the nonsensical ravings of a lunatic mind!" Victor Von Frankenstein

Online neilmac

• Original
  • Producer
  • What?
    • View Profile
    • Album for sale!
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2018, 12:27:39 AM »
White - I didn't give it an undercoat...apparently the auto body paint doesn't "need" it...I'm almost wishing I'd gone with my gut and ignored that now....but it's too late now lol

The pics are a bit deceptive BD...the blue tarp makes it look more blue than it is lol
But it's definitely going to be unique  ;D
I'm not really a big humbucker fan either - P90s for me :D but I wanted to try the "Filtertron" type for something different...

I guess this should technically be a Cabronita rather than a Deluxe....
Kinda fitting to call it the Blue Bastard actually :P

Offline gc

• Original
  • Producer
  • Not my monkey, not my circus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2018, 02:50:20 AM »
So...how is this project coming along?  Done deal?  Finish looks nice in the pics.  Always a bit curious about Chinese kits.  Want to give one a go but can't justify the addition or expense, present circumstances aside.  But maybe.  Perhaps a PRS wanna-be style.  I replaced some cheap, stock vol/tone pots & jack for a guy fairly recently on a Chinese Ernie Ball Axis copy.  Great looker.  Body wood was supposed to be Basswood.  Looked a lot like Paulownia, which is a not too distant cousin to Balsa forChrissakes.   Maple cap was thin but neck was beautiful.  Raw but beautiful.

I'm a big P90 fan as well but singles, 90's or 'buckers it is all good.  All sound great given the pairing with the right amp or some judicious control manipulation or stomp box coloring.  Different tools for different jobs (see:  whatever sounds right).  Filter'Trons should be nice.

Nice to be able to roll up ones sleeves and get down & dirty with these things we use.

My compliments,

Gordon

Offline Smurf

• Original
  • Producer
  • Spring Cleaning Is A Must At This Point.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2018, 01:53:00 PM »
I have also been waiting for the "finish" to this one.....I am in LOVE with that color/finish on the top.....outstanding project!
TTM - It is the antidote for the banal idiocy of our current society.

Online neilmac

• Original
  • Producer
  • What?
    • View Profile
    • Album for sale!
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2018, 02:12:15 PM »
Thanks boys!
Final update coming soon when I get a minute to collate pics etc.....
I’m actually using it for this months ODC  ;D