!!

Welcome to Two Track Music

Guest/Visitor, welcome to the Two Track Music forum area.  If you're not yet a member here, just click the Register link above to sign up.  It's free, quick, and relatively easy.

Once registered, you will be able to post anywhere in the forums, create topics, ask questions, show off your music, and collaborate with other members to create a new song or musical piece.

You will also be able to view post attachments, which are usually songs in progress or completed songs.  And, you'll have access to our TTM Articles section, which contains a variety of articles on software, hardware, mixing, mastering, and many other topics.  The forum Search option will also be available to you once registered.

Two Track Music is a somewhat 'laid back' community.  Just some good musicians and song writers hanging out, and having a good time.  We're not a high pressure or fast paced site, we just enjoy kicking back and making some music, and having fun while we're doing it.

If that sounds like your kind of place, please join us.  We'd love to have you in the mix.  And yes, pun intended... ;)

Additional Menu

TTM Shoutbox

Last 15 Shouts:

papaG

Yesterday at 11:52:57 PM
Well, that was easy ;D

Joom

Yesterday at 10:21:07 PM
Okay...  :-*

papaG

Yesterday at 09:27:50 PM
Sure, you can write some lyrics for me

Joom

Yesterday at 07:56:29 PM
And I don't have computer work to do till Monday or Tuesday.  Is it okay if I work on some music stuff this weekend?   ???

Joom

Yesterday at 07:55:36 PM
Okay, I've replaced both tie rod ends and realigned one car (and cleaned brake pads and caliper).  Replaced the power steering line in another.  And fixed the radio (for the wife) in another.  Cold, wet, sore, and tired.

Joom

Yesterday at 07:51:34 PM
No problem, Kev, I know how things can just keep coming up...  :)

kevmsmith81

Yesterday at 10:39:53 AM
Yeah sorry Joom, had to make a phone call, hence the break in the performance.

Joom

January 17, 2018, 10:04:51 PM
Aw, missed that...

papaG

January 17, 2018, 07:42:41 PM
He's back

neilmac

January 17, 2018, 07:14:15 PM
Didn’t get a chance to watch...too many people around at work 😜

papaG

January 17, 2018, 07:03:30 PM
Sadness :( :( :(

Joom

January 17, 2018, 07:00:43 PM
Got in and was enjoying it, but everything quit in the middle of a John Denver tune...  :o

neilmac

January 17, 2018, 06:52:22 PM
Kev on streetjelly right now  ;D

Joom

January 17, 2018, 06:19:20 PM
So, since I couldn't work, I came in and spent an hour warming up.  And then decided I wanted to hear the new speakers.  Have to say, I'm very pleased with them.  Way more volume than I need, and the sound is great.  I'll be ordering another pair...

Joom

January 17, 2018, 06:12:46 PM
But, after spending a while getting all dressed up, and tools and jacks together, I got started on the vehicles.  But, at +4 and wind at 40mph gusting to 50, it didn't take long crawling around on the snowy/icy driveway to just give it up.  Maybe tomorrow...

Show 50 latest
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 19, 2018, 09:30:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New stuff day  (Read 6652 times)

Offline agradeleous

• My stuffs
  • Original
  • Producer
  • Just hangin' here at TTM Upside Down
    • View Profile
    • Ags YouTube
Re: Epi is in the house .
« Reply #195 on: September 30, 2017, 04:24:11 PM »
Well she’s here :)
Have to say she’s A-1
Hi praise to Sweetwater for picking me out a beauty she looks even better in person plays great and has good weight :)
Proof pics lol
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 04:28:20 PM by agradeleous »

Offline neilmac

• Original
  • Producer
  • What?
    • View Profile
    • Reverbnation
Re: New stuff day
« Reply #196 on: September 30, 2017, 04:48:58 PM »
That really is a beauty....
How is the sound??
"If it looks good, you'll see it.If it sounds good you'll hear it. If it's marketed right you'll buy it. But if it's real, you'll feel it"

Offline agradeleous

• My stuffs
  • Original
  • Producer
    • View Profile
    • Ags YouTube
« Reply #197 on: September 30, 2017, 05:38:20 PM »
Not sure yet lol set the amp up then came out Work On The desk .
Drinking a beer listening to The Album Leaf on Pandora .

I keep looking at your Guitar with those P90’s ..... Noooooo I still another Acoustic to get lol

I also just sent the Guild off to be fixed .

Offline agradeleous

• My stuffs
  • Original
  • Producer
    • View Profile
    • Ags YouTube
« Reply #198 on: October 27, 2017, 08:11:26 PM »
Ok so a little late on this yes it kicks butt on the jet city ;)

Offline agradeleous

• My stuffs
  • Original
  • Producer
    • View Profile
    • Ags YouTube
« Reply #199 on: October 27, 2017, 08:13:47 PM »
On another note I need help I’m addicted to Guild Guitars what have I done now !?

Offline agradeleous

• My stuffs
  • Original
  • Producer
    • View Profile
    • Ags YouTube
« Reply #200 on: November 11, 2017, 01:06:03 PM »
Hey there hope alls well with everyone . :)
 Back two or three pages I posted pics of my new Guild F47 after which I found there was a crack on the back under the Center strip bracing but just off the Center stripe off the back .

Now can’t remember and I did not try to read back what I posted so I’m recapping.

So I sent it off to Ben in Reno and he fixed up good as new and as of yesterday she’s back home .

I’ve not had much time to play her but after warming up from the journey I tuned up some to a low C or something no tuner so I don’t know but she sounds sweet .

I post pics below of before and after .

Ok so I have an illness with acoustics and Guild lol
And I bought a beautiful 2010 Guild F30 standard she had very very nice wood , the top had crazy silking it a Sitka Top and Mahogany back had some unusual swirling in the grain . To me I said that Guitar is going to sound very nice .

I bought it and holy cow did it sound sweet great sustain with short decay that Mahogany is known for , it was a lovely change from my rosewood family.

Unfortunately, ugh she came with a non disclosed issue make that two , one being clearcoat scratches around the top edge of the headstock which was weird but fixable and worse issue the fret separated over the body just at the neck joint.

Did I say how great this Guitar sounded ? Well crap , I did not want a project guitar and at the price of repair it wasn’t worth it so back it went . Also I think the store wanted delay the return so the return policy would run out 😠 but I got it back in time .

I need to slow down because I almost bought another model a year newer that had some belling going on raising the bridge and I almost missed it .

Anyway here some pics of both first on the crack Repair .

« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 01:30:57 PM by agradeleous »

Offline Spiral

• Original
  • Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 11, 2017, 04:26:39 PM »
Oh my lord, that Epi looks sweet!

Offline gc

• Original
  • Producer
  • Not my monkey, not my circus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 11, 2017, 04:36:39 PM »
Two nice guitars.  Nice fix on the Guild back crack.  Hope that the board lift at the heel got done as well.  That's usually more involved than a 'hear-&-seat'.  Not much to clear finish scratches...just makes more sense to have somebody else's son or daughter rub those out.   Even if that meant a trip to Reno.

Regards & congrats,

Gordon

Offline agradeleous

• My stuffs
  • Original
  • Producer
    • View Profile
    • Ags YouTube
« Reply #203 on: November 11, 2017, 07:42:41 PM »
Oh my lord, that Epi looks sweet!

its a good player for sure :) and no flaws found on it . :)

Offline agradeleous

• My stuffs
  • Original
  • Producer
    • View Profile
    • Ags YouTube
« Reply #204 on: November 11, 2017, 07:58:39 PM »
Two nice guitars.  Nice fix on the Guild back crack.  Hope that the board lift at the heel got done as well.  That's usually more involved than a 'hear-&-seat'.  Not much to clear finish scratches...just makes more sense to have somebody else's son or daughter rub those out.   Even if that meant a trip to Reno.

Regards & congrats,

Gordon

Ben had to get through the finish to fix the crack then fix the NCL , he said it was not sanded from the factory and had use a French polish to match it . He did an awesome job .

The F30 standard was returned for a refund not worth the fix from a buyers stand point.
as for the scratches on the F30 you feel them like the cap was coming off but the scratches where above the veneer cap , a very weird thing as it went around the whole head stock ?

If you look close at the neck pic you'll notice the 10th fret cut through the fret marker dot my questions is why are the two lined up ? let alone seeing a gap between the fret seating barb and the fretboard , seems at some point it would become lose.

Needless to say the F47 GSR koa is a fantastic guitar all around and well worth the investment .

Offline agradeleous

• My stuffs
  • Original
  • Producer
    • View Profile
    • Ags YouTube
« Reply #205 on: December 27, 2017, 11:13:23 PM »
Well , yeah , gone did it again needs a little TLC . If she does not bond up for sale she’ll go .
Anyway she’s a Guild D55 2003 7th to last out the factory before closing .

The Guild D55 is the company’s flagship dread solid East Indian Rosewood back and sides . Solid AAA Sitka top , three Piece neck Mahogany with a walnut center strip . Finger board and bridge are Ebony with abalone and mother of pearl inlays and abalone Rosetta .
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 03:52:07 PM by agradeleous »

Offline agradeleous

• My stuffs
  • Original
  • Producer
    • View Profile
    • Ags YouTube
« Reply #206 on: January 12, 2018, 04:01:35 PM »
I had to do some binding repair on the fret board as it came lose  >:( LOL  I'm doing a new saddle today or tomorrow depending on when my parts come . Frets have the usual wear in the 1-5th fret area as a result I might have do a fret level to her we'll see after the new saddle arrives.

Though shes a pretty guitar I have no need another dread and she will be listed for sale along with the Guild F47 GSR
after winter settles down.  I don't like shipping guitars in the winter LOL

Thinking of you Gc while I work on my projects :)