!!

Welcome to Two Track Music

Guest/Visitor, welcome to the Two Track Music forum area.  If you're not yet a member here, just click the Register link above to sign up.  It's free, quick, and relatively easy.

Once registered, you will be able to post anywhere in the forums, create topics, ask questions, show off your music, and collaborate with other members to create a new song or musical piece.

You will also be able to view post attachments, which are usually songs in progress or completed songs.  And, you'll have access to our TTM Articles section, which contains a variety of articles on software, hardware, mixing, mastering, and many other topics.  The forum Search option will also be available to you once registered.

Two Track Music is a somewhat 'laid back' community.  Just some good musicians and song writers hanging out, and having a good time.  We're not a high pressure or fast paced site, we just enjoy kicking back and making some music, and having fun while we're doing it.

If that sounds like your kind of place, please join us.  We'd love to have you in the mix.  And yes, pun intended... ;)

Additional Menu

TTM Shoutbox

Last 15 Shouts:

Jahva

Yesterday at 11:38:18 PM
Bennington was close friends with Chris Cornell, who died by hanging earlier this year, and performed Leonard Cohen’s “Hallelujah” at the Soundgarden singer’s memorial in late May. He was the godfather of Cornell’s 11-year-old son, Chris. Cornell’s 53rd birthday would have been Thursday.

Jahva

Yesterday at 11:38:10 PM
Another suicide... Chester Bennington singer for Linkin PArk
F'd up...

neilmac

July 19, 2017, 10:29:26 PM
Sounds like a country song if you ask me  :P

RedJoker

July 19, 2017, 09:06:12 PM
I've got time, I've got music, I'm ready to go!!!

except we are fostering 3 puppies and this is when they decide to fight, bark, whine....   >:(

Smurf

July 19, 2017, 04:10:22 PM
That's not luck RJ, that's planning! :P 8)

neilmac

July 18, 2017, 11:46:25 PM
Funny how that worked out  :P I believe you....millions wouldn't  :P

RedJoker

July 18, 2017, 09:43:36 PM
This sounds stupid but I got a major work project done just about the same time as my wife left to visit her sister.  I've got several evening of just music!!!!   :D

agradeleous

July 17, 2017, 11:00:46 AM
Ok I'm up , I'm at work , I wanna go home and play guitar .  >:(

Jahva

July 11, 2017, 09:13:43 PM
Yeah back to backs.... Happy Birthday Toad hope you're doing well....  :D

neilmac

July 11, 2017, 05:38:41 PM
......and a happy birthday Toadster wherever you are 😜

Jahva

July 10, 2017, 10:56:08 PM
Yaay Happy Birthday KT! :D

neilmac

July 10, 2017, 04:12:29 PM
Morning Ags! Happy birthday KT! :D

agradeleous

July 10, 2017, 09:51:27 AM
Morning strangers  ;D

Spiral

July 07, 2017, 06:15:48 PM
To use Poland as an example of as an example of freedom... mind-blowing.

Spiral

July 07, 2017, 06:12:23 PM

Show 50 latest
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 21, 2017, 11:50:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Soundcloud in trouble - lays off staff  (Read 116 times)

Offline kevmsmith81

• Just hangin' here at TTM
    • View Profile

Online Joom

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • Producer
  • Can't dance, can't sing!
    • View Profile
Re: Soundcloud in trouble - lays off staff
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2017, 10:08:47 AM »
Well, that doesn't sound good.  Thanks for the heads up, Kev...
A computer once beat me at chess, but as it turns out it was no match for me at kickboxing...

Offline neilmac

• Original
  • Producer
  • What?
    • View Profile
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 08:54:17 PM »
Yeah I saw that elsewhere.....sad.....
As always, money talks......
Sometimes the people with the best ideas aren't always the best businessmen.....
"If it looks good, you'll see it.If it sounds good you'll hear it. If it's marketed right you'll buy it. But if it's real, you'll feel it"

Online Joom

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2017, 09:30:39 PM »
Sometimes the people with the best ideas aren't always the best businessmen.....

Yeah, not many people on the net make the kind of money I do here at TTM.   )(?

But hey, I can't be the only guy left on the planet that still thinks good friends/mates to hang out and make music with is worth more than money...  ::)
A computer once beat me at chess, but as it turns out it was no match for me at kickboxing...

Offline onetrack

• Original
  • Producer
  • Ex-KAE and TTM member since 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2017, 10:58:05 PM »
I'm not in it for the money

I'm not in it for artistic integrity

I'm not in it to Write the best song ever

I'm not in it for the groupies

(So what am I in it for? Damn if i know!)

Online Joom

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2017, 11:54:27 PM »
(So what am I in it for? Damn if i know!)

To be able to look back at all the cool things you've done over the years, One.  And the good people you did them with...  (-!)

Offline Jahva

• Original
  • Producer
  • Yup
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2017, 12:09:18 AM »
To be able to look back at all the cool things you've done over the years, One.  And the good people you did them with...  (-!)
Cheers to that Joom!  ~:)
If.... it's a temporary lull... why am I bored right outta my skull?
Man, I'm dressin' sharp an' feelin' dull
PW

Offline neilmac

• Original
  • Producer
  • What?
    • View Profile
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2017, 12:49:48 AM »
Yeah, not many people on the net make the kind of money I do here at TTM.   )(?

But hey, I can't be the only guy left on the planet that still thinks good friends/mates to hang out and make music with is worth more than money...  ::)

Apparently not, we're all still here with you right?
Oh wait.....we don't pay lol

Seriously though, you can't run a business without making money....but if you have unlimited reserves of cash from other sources you could fund SoundCloud operation....eg google, Microsoft etc....hell even the recording industry could float the site, and snap up all the good artists and exploit them for money promote them etc
Save a whole bunch of cash looking for the next big thing ..... just a thought....but one that'll never fly
"If it looks good, you'll see it.If it sounds good you'll hear it. If it's marketed right you'll buy it. But if it's real, you'll feel it"

Online agradeleous

• My stuffs
  • Original
  • Producer
  • Just hangin' here at TTM Upside Down
    • View Profile
    • Ags YouTube
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2017, 09:23:45 PM »
I read about this weeks ago so I find odd that employees were taking by surprise. They said what offices were being closed etc .

I hope they get there stuff fixed and get to being a musicians music site again .

So Joom baby ! How you been ? Oh what's that no, no, no , new bandroom why would ever bring that up again lmao  (-!)

Offline onetrack

• Original
  • Producer
  • Ex-KAE and TTM member since 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2017, 10:46:31 PM »

Yes indeed JOOM. Nearly 8 years of making music with computer/iPad and all thanks to Kristal forum users and then the migration to this wonderful place👍

Online Joom

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2017, 02:17:40 AM »
Yes indeed JOOM. Nearly 8 years of making music with computer/iPad and all thanks to Kristal forum users and then the migration to this wonderful place👍

Well, it's people like you and the rest of the crew here that make this a wonderful place.  Out of all the websites/forums/other stuff I've built over the years, this is by far my favorite accomplishment.  And I didn't even really do anything, except sit back and watch the members come in and make it what it is.  I can take absolutely no credit whatsoever, except for coming up with the name.  And even that was a fluke, because I named it thinking of the two track trails in the woods I like to spend time on.  Didn't even consider the idea that people would naturally think of two tracks of music.

I had hoped to run into 2-3-4 people who wanted to play around with music, but had no idea what it would turn into, or that it would morph into so many years worth of great times and let me meet so many great people.

I got lucky on the draw...  :D

Offline Smurf

• Original
  • Producer
  • Is this thing on?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2017, 03:44:10 AM »
You might not think of it this way Mr. Joom, buy you saved a lot of friends / musicians from losing contact. The KAE forum was slowly dying, and as that happened TTM took over as a place to meet up.

I have said this before, but Thank You for running the place!

As for Soundcloud, I have always wondered HOW they could offer such a great service for NOTHING...now I know. This sucks for sure, but after Soundcloud going back to Sound Click or the few other ones I used many moons ago will just not get it....not at all...

Thanks for the article Kevin!
TTM - It is the antidote for the banal idiocy of our current society.

Online Joom

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2017, 12:40:49 PM »
You might not think of it this way Mr. Joom, buy you saved a lot of friends / musicians from losing contact. The KAE forum was slowly dying, and as that happened TTM took over as a place to meet up.

I have said this before, but Thank You for running the place!

I'm sure there were lots of other places to go when the KAE forums started having problems, Smurf, but I'm glad some of you ended up picking TTM as one of them.  I've been thinking a lot lately about the friends I've made here...

Offline Jm2552

• Original
  • Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2017, 03:19:30 AM »
Not a Metal fan, but I found this piece while searching for SC references in the news.
Sounds encouraging...?

http://www.metalinjection.net/its-just-business/looks-like-soundcloud-isnt-shutting-down-after-all