!!

Welcome to Two Track Music

Guest/Visitor, welcome to the Two Track Music forum area.  If you're not yet a member here, just click the Register link above to sign up.  It's free, quick, and relatively easy.

Once registered, you will be able to post anywhere in the forums, create topics, ask questions, show off your music, and collaborate with other members to create a new song or musical piece.

You will also be able to view post attachments, which are usually songs in progress or completed songs.  And, you'll have access to our TTM Articles section, which contains a variety of articles on software, hardware, mixing, mastering, and many other topics.  The forum Search option will also be available to you once registered.

Two Track Music is a somewhat 'laid back' community.  Just some good musicians and song writers hanging out, and having a good time.  We're not a high pressure or fast paced site, we just enjoy kicking back and making some music, and having fun while we're doing it.

If that sounds like your kind of place, please join us.  We'd love to have you in the mix.  And yes, pun intended... ;)

Additional Menu

TTM Shoutbox

Last 15 Shouts:

Joom

Yesterday at 09:34:48 PM
I can relate, Smurf.  Yesterday I made it 10-12 miles at 20mph before I turned around and came back.  Icy ruts pulling the car all over, and twice pulled me onto the center line with semi's coming the other way.  Scary...

Smurf

Yesterday at 09:25:38 PM
Just had to turn around & come home from my sleep study tonight....super bad roads + ice + nothing but hills, valleys and drop-offs for 18 miles of the trip....no thanks! :P

Joom

Yesterday at 07:38:17 PM
Sampson monitors are supposed to be here UPS tomorrow sometime.  I have to go do a network job at a school, so I won't get to try them out till Wednesday.  But I have some mixing to do, so I'll let y'all know how they work...

Joom

Yesterday at 07:36:35 PM
Crazy snow storm today.  Going to have to plow, shovel, and scoop.  And probably again tomorrow...  >:(

Joom

January 13, 2018, 10:07:33 PM
I know, right?  I used to climb right in there.  Not anymore.

Two years ago I had to pull the exhaust manifold and some other things just to get to the back 3 plugs on one of the cars just to do a tuneup.

neilmac

January 13, 2018, 10:04:41 PM
I hear ya Joom...our old 1/2 tons you could climb in beside the engine and almost close the hood,,, now you have to almost remove the motor to change a fan belt lol

Joom

January 13, 2018, 09:15:48 PM
I've got a pile of tools and testers that weren't even thought of 50 years ago.  Aside from basic drive train axle stuff, you have to start with an OBD tester just to know what might be going on.

I've always said I'd love to have a 1965 'anything' in good shape to fix up and drive...

Joom

January 13, 2018, 09:11:19 PM
Things have definitely changed a lot from back in the day of simple carburetors and distributors with points, Buster.  I could fix most things on the road with a few tools.  Not any more...

buster

January 13, 2018, 08:16:27 PM
You guys are doing well. The 1st car I owned I took out the engine and gearbox, removed all the parts, had the engine o'hauled, put it all back in, re-timed it and drove it away. The new truck, I can't name a single thing under the hood.

Joom

January 13, 2018, 05:12:12 PM
And yeah, garage and pole barn, both full of motorcycles and dirt bikes, mowers, and a ton of other crap.  Been promising myself to clean them out for a long time and give myself a work area...

Joom

January 13, 2018, 05:10:25 PM
Same here, Red.  Back in the 70's before I got into computers I was a licensed mechanic, and I still refuse to pay somebody else to do what I can do.  Most of the time...

RedJoker

January 13, 2018, 04:36:32 PM
I'm with you Joom. I do all our car maintenance, have a 3 car garage and can't park a single car in it.  :/

Joom

January 13, 2018, 04:29:07 PM
Only -2 here today, not too cold.  But just finished 3 hours laying on ice doing a front end alignment on one of the cars.  That got cold.  Really need to clean out the garage...

Joom

January 12, 2018, 05:54:28 PM
Oh, don't say that, G.  I've been blaming bad monitors for bad sounding tunes...  ::)

agradeleous

January 12, 2018, 03:48:57 PM
Hey folks hope alls well :) Friday !  ;D

Show 50 latest
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 16, 2018, 11:26:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Google is the Devil...  (Read 514 times)

Offline RedJoker

• Manager
  • Yup, I have no avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Google is the Devil...
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2017, 05:23:25 PM »
I still don't see how you reached your conclusions and you never pointed out specifics from the memo... 
I understand "not reaching the same conclusion"... just asked you to be specific and you said we're splitting hairs. Seems the hair splitting is the meat of the debate.
But ok...
You're right this is the "In Search of Humor" category... maybe someone got a laugh out of our back and forth.

Cheers!

Actually, I think you have a great point here.  My conclusion is:  I don't have a conclusion.

He claims that his dissenting view is being repressed.  As I said before, I don't work for Google or know this guy so maybe he's right, maybe not.  I simply don't know and don't think we have enough information.  Having said that, the instance I pointed out of classifying a group of people as "neurotic" and sharing it with the whole company MAY violate their code of conduct.  Maybe it doesn't, I don't know.  I don't think it's so cut and dry.  Google admitted that some of his points are worthy of discussion.  That's not repression of dissenting ideas.  Maybe everything he said about their diversity practices is exactly right, but maybe it isn't.  Maybe it was his method that got him fired and not the content, I don't know.  So my point is, I don't think I have enough information to come to the same conclusion as you. Maybe I'll change my mind down the road, maybe I won't. 

The nice thing is that we don't have to come to a conclusion about everything we see in the news.  It's all just information that we absorb and shade by our own preferences and experiences.  That mush of data then guides how we live and vote in the world.

Wait, what are we debating again?  :D
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 05:38:47 PM by RedJoker »

Offline Jahva

• Original
  • Producer
  • Yup
    • View Profile
Re: Google is the Devil...
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2017, 11:24:34 PM »
Wait, what are we debating again?  :D

How about... Are you in favor of the unabridged version or the PG version of Anne Franks Diary?
 :o
there were some deleted passages because of the sexual content... sort of.
Wait this doesn't belong in Humor either....
nm  :-\

If.... it's a temporary lull... why am I bored right outta my skull?
Man, I'm dressin' sharp an' feelin' dull
PW