Community Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 24, 2017, 01:08:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 1 4 da Auzzies  (Read 1097 times)

Offline 9

• TTM Veteran
    • View Profile
1 4 da Auzzies
« on: August 27, 2013, 04:09:49 AM »
HOLY COW!! i never EVER in a million months of Fursdy Afternoons thought that I would EVER be saying that i have actually started to take a genuine interest in Australian politics over recent weeks,. .........no, ...hang on, ...dont leave, .......im serious!

WHY, ...well ill get to that in a minute. First a little situational awareness for any NON Australian folk

We in the land down under are about to go to the polls, ...again. A normally mundane feature of our political system, which like any other alledged FREE nation, involves several perfectly groomed and well trained monkeys, attempting to appeases the unfortunately not so well trained chimpanzee populus of the said nation, with several new bright shiny yellow bananas to sink their teeth into and make their menail lives a walk in the garden of bliss, BUT, unfortunately, it turns out upon peeling the bananas, that the cashmere suited, tree top dwelling, gorrillas, god bless their cold hearts, have already eaten the nutritious fruit from the centre of the phallically reminescent delicasy, leaving nothing but the bitter skin to sustain their ever increasing need for sustainance,..............So in other words, .................................A TYPICAL ELECTION in any respect of the word!

But i digress. I really do enjoy shedding my clothing, finding a sturdy piece of forest lumber, and living the monkey  lifestyle ......................, hang on, ....wrong digression, my bad.

But i re-assess my digress, and proceed to progress upon my assessment of the process. This time, there seems to be a little light at the end of the tunnel, ....in fact that light is of the albino variety, emmited from what i can see, as a pure soul, interested in nothing more than putting an end to the prevailence of political power mungering, or least make it more difficult for the major players to satisfy their own agendas, and return our senate to what was originaaly intended of it, to act in the interests of the people, NOT the govt of the day.
That said, of whom do i speak, ....of a new jewel in the cap of the australian people, could it be a new Jewelia, [......DEER GOD NO!! not that she was that bad [Hell, i could go for her] and i always support LABOUR [Not because i like their motives, just the lesser of 2 evils IMO]]It is in fact, a new Jewelian, ......assange that is, yep, the wikileaks guy, well, not actually him in person, more by proxy, seems hes upset the wrong poeple and is having a little difficulty leaving Equador, ......Equador England, that is. You probably know the story on that can of worms.

Now my support for someone in politics, is harder to find than the holy grail, and i always said that if i find a polly worth his essence, i would beat a path to their door, ....well, hes the closest this place will ever get to a polititian the works in the peoples interest, and unlike BigEars in Budgiesmugglers and [pond] cRudd, hes not making outlandish glitzy empty promises, just a simple pledge for transparency, honesty and justice [slogan used], in a bid to return the senate to a place of representing the people and defeating the 2 party dictatorship mentallity that our govt has turned into [when was the last time that one of the 2 party wankers, crossed the floor because their concience told them to??]

I strongly advise the auz people to seriously think about what the wiki party are trying to achieve, and at least get off your pathetically apperthetic butts and go and have a read of the statements on the wikiparty site, consider the possabilities, and vote accordingly. Though knowing the mentallity of the modern facetwitter and the likes, it would be highly unlikely that they would care, but at least they will be able to tweet their respectives complaints about the country  and how there getting screwed over, ........AFTER THE FACT of course, to their empty heads desire.

Oh well, i tried!! GO JULES!!

BTW, i found this little gem on the Utube today, its a good chuckle, just be prepared to go thru the usual polly satire [which is not that bad actually] until about 3:25 where it hots up, well worth a look

Offline Schprocket

• Plays lead gill for The Mighty Hellfish and is also
  • TTM Veteran
  • Does Android dream of electric sheep?
    • View Profile
    • This is my home-away-from-home
    • Youtube's channel
Re: 1 4 da Auzzies
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 08:11:14 AM »
Good to see young Mr Assange has still got enough "Aussie" left to take the piss... :)

If it'll get him past the Secret Services of the Lion & Eagle Empires, then I'll vote for him :)

...they discovered only a small asteroid inhabited by a solitary old man who claimed repeatedly that nothing was true, though he was later discovered to be lying.

Offline agradeleous

• TTM Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 06:41:49 AM »
Can we have him?

Offline frankenxtein

• Producer
  • 4 of 5
    • View Profile
    • Frankenxtein
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 10:14:29 AM »
Politics is a distraction from the rabbit hole where everything ends up.  ;D
Constantly tweaking everything and then nothing.

Offline Schprocket

• TTM Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 10:32:20 AM »
Can we have him?

You could Ags but it's your lot of ultra-conservatives who don't like him and would like to hang him for his whistle-blowin'-facilitatin' ways... :)

One of the major US papers (NYT?) used the info released by WikiLeaks as a scoop then as Government pressure built up, all of a sudden they're screaming for his blood too...
...they discovered only a small asteroid inhabited by a solitary old man who claimed repeatedly that nothing was true, though he was later discovered to be lying.

Offline Joom

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • TTM Veteran
  • I am, it's what I do...
    • View Profile
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2013, 11:40:12 AM »
One of the major US papers (NYT?) used the info released by WikiLeaks as a scoop then as Government pressure built up, all of a sudden they're screaming for his blood too...

Maybe so, S, but to my knowledge there are at least 17 of us left in this country who aren't hypocrites and idiots.  So we're not all dipsticks...  :-*
A computer once beat me at chess - but as it turns out it was no match for me at kickboxing... ;)

Offline Schprocket

• TTM Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2013, 10:23:10 PM »
Oh I know that, J-man.

Being on this forum has taught me that.

But the view of the US in general which the world sees is that which we collectively get shoved down our throats by US-owned media and unfortunately, for the most part, it isn't always pretty because it sells. And that's rather sad...

For example, you never hear of American Jews who think that what Israel does in Palestine is bad (and there are such people), there are rarely any interviews with folk who know anything about any other country beyond the two ponds, particularly if that view is contrary to 'patriotic' stance.
It's like a subtle Stalinism exists except it's the rich who are in control, where "everyone" is brain-washed into believing that being screwed over by them is the American Way, and those who aren't are muzzled from making public opinion and labelled unpatriotic are lumped in with the basket-cases.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 10:34:04 PM by Schprocket »

Offline 9

• TTM Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2013, 10:33:36 PM »
Ditto Sprok !!

Viva La 17, Jman!!

change of Govt in OZ, ...NOT good!! ......say goodbye to the lucky country folks, as the rich get richer, the poor get the picture [as pete once said]

Offline Schprocket

• TTM Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2013, 10:36:06 PM »
Actually, Daz, there were more Aussie millionaires created during King Bob Hawke's reign than in any period before or since.
Not bad for a "party for the people"... load of bollocks.

Read John Pilger's "A Secret Country"... ;)

Offline 9

• TTM Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2013, 10:37:07 PM »
It's like a subtle Stalinism exists except it's the rich who are in control, everyone is brain-washed into believing that being screwed over by them is the American Way, and those who aren't are muzzled from making public opinion and labelled unpatriotic are lumped in with the basket-cases.

exactly the point of this post! Oz is NO different, just 5 years behind!!

Labour = lesser of 2 evils IMO

I dont mind the rich getting rich, just as long as they dont screw everyone over in the process, and sorry, i consider us all [globally] to be getting SCREWED

Offline Joom

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • TTM Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2013, 11:44:19 PM »
But the view of the US in general which the world sees is that which we collectively get shoved down our throats by US-owned media and unfortunately, for the most part, it isn't always pretty because it sells. And that's rather sad...

Oh, if you think you can see it from over there, you should be a logical and thinking person over here.  It pretty much makes me of a mind that the day humans sprouted and took over the planet was a sad, sad day.  If the general population is 'civilized', I want none of it.  Give me the days when dinosaurs roamed, and sheep didn't have to run scared.

That's why I live in the middle of nowhere, and hang out with dogs instead of people...
A computer once beat me at chess - but as it turns out it was no match for me at kickboxing... ;)

Offline Schprocket

• TTM Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2013, 12:06:01 AM »
Australian governments - for as little as I've studied them - consist mostly of rich people who want to ensure that they stay that way.

Most of the money is wasted breaking down or building up the same public systems time and again and it's Johnny-Middle-man who's expected to bear the brunt of this every fornicateing time.

I too have no problem with people making money and getting rich as long as everyone pays the exact same percentage of income tax and all other forms of taxes and duties, state and federal, are abolished. Abolish anything which allows someone like Bondy or Packer to not pay anything because they technically don't earn anything, yet the company provides for them (rich man's welfare, isn't it?), but at the same time abolish company and payroll tax.

Public Health and Education are to me basic human rights which should not ever have been tampered with - if rich people want a better education, then go for it, just don't expect a government handout every year because baby, if it's private, it's a business and my idea of FREE enterprise is that beyond a grant to get started, you're on your own to become profitable...

Every state gets an equal share of federal funding - yep this means that West Aussies will end up being better off initially but ignoring for the moment the fact we pay more for everything anyway, because the local industries were bought out then shifted back to eastern states distribution (monopoly/control), then I'd expect a shift in population - not unlike that we have now due to mining - and eventually things will even out over 20 - 30 years.

Vote Schprock  1.... :)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 12:13:19 AM by Schprocket »

Offline whitestrat73

• Tea/coffee maker
  • Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2013, 08:35:45 AM »
Give me the days,
When dinosaurs roamed,
And sheep didn't have to run scared.

Ja, ja, ja.  :P :P :P
Is that country western?
Joom, do you ever get out of lyric mode?  ;D

:P :P :P
Yeah, yeah, yeah!
'Plug it in turn it up and play it 'til something breaks!' - Joe Walsh

Offline Joom

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • TTM Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2013, 08:41:31 AM »
Never, White.  I even tend to have conversations in 'lyric mode'.  Serves me well in constantly perplexing the population at large...  :P