Community Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 17, 2018, 01:09:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Email, pretty cool stuff...  (Read 852 times)

Offline Joom

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • TTM Veteran
  • I am, it's what I do...
    • View Profile
    • Youtube's channel
Email, pretty cool stuff...
« on: August 08, 2013, 08:03:12 PM »
I was just thinking this afternoon how cool email really is.

I had no idea there were local girls in my area wanting to meet me.

I'm not sure who this Max Penis guy is, but it looks like we're going to be pen pals and BFF's.

I don't even remember Adrianna, but apparently she has been looking for me for a long time and finally found me.

I just found out that I'm apparently the only heir to some rich dude in Uzbekistan, so I guess I won't need to take that $2,500 an hour job forwarding emails.

Looks like I can save hundreds a year on prescriptions, just have to get that form filled out and send my bank account info.

And at last I can finally learn the secret to picking up any girl I want - though I don't know if I'll need it now that I know about the area girls.

Things are definitely looking up, and all because of this simple little email thing.  I have to get a coffee and give some thought on where to start tomorrow...
A computer once beat me at chess - but as it turns out it was no match for me at kickboxing... ;)

Offline agradeleous

• TTM Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Email, pretty cool stuff...
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 08:34:47 PM »
Hey Toads I found your slimy geek !  :P  refer to Toads 3:42:12 shout  ;D  Naughty sites you go,  for shame JOOM for shame ! bwahahahahaha

Offline frankenxtein

• Producer
  • 4 of 5
    • View Profile
    • Frankenxtein
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 08:43:39 PM »
LMAO  :P I know these same chicks, they friended me on facebook. Tennessee Ernie Ford's Mama was right Wild Wicked City Women   
Constantly tweaking everything and then nothing.

Offline Joom

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • TTM Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2013, 09:49:31 PM »
I don't do FaceBook, Frank, so I was just lucky that I check my email once in a while.  Otherwise I'd be missing out.

And yeah, I think I ran into Ernie's mother Maud at a concert once.  Wild woman she was...  ;)
A computer once beat me at chess - but as it turns out it was no match for me at kickboxing... ;)

Offline frankenxtein

• Producer
  • 4 of 5
    • View Profile
    • Frankenxtein
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2013, 10:05:22 PM »
I remember in the early days of the net I was the only one in the neighborhood that had it, had me a silly webpage on one of the free sites. Was showing my sister how cool it was and clicked on the bookmark to my page, and there was this big banner from another user of the free site (They were just testing out the advertising back then) So I had a banner too, but mine didn't go into my penchant for Cross Dressing. lol the spam filter on my email is pretty tight.
Constantly tweaking everything and then nothing.

Offline Joom

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • TTM Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2013, 01:07:31 AM »
but mine didn't go into my penchant for Cross Dressing. lol

I was going to try cross dressing once, but the waiter told me it had nothing to do with salads.  I also found out about 1965 that I had to stop telling people I was in a 'gay mood'.  And we won't even talk about the whole British guy who once asked me for a 'fag' debacle.

I started out online in the late 70's on the old BBS's.  110 and then 300 baud modems were killer back then.  Put the phone receiver in the cradle and do all kinds of cool things.  It was amazing to watch all that stuff come across those green/amber monitors.  And when the internet finally arrived there were all kinds of wonderful new things to do.  Make your own website page, chat with people anywhere, find all kinds of information.  And then the hackers/spammers/idiots got involved.

Good old days.  I still miss DOS...

Offline Schprocket

• Plays lead gill for The Mighty Hellfish and is also
  • TTM Veteran
  • Does Android dream of electric sheep?
    • View Profile
    • This is my home-away-from-home
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2013, 07:14:23 AM »
Joom

+

2400  Baud*

=

* the real reason why he persists with satellite... for that ol' school acoustic modem feel....ohhhh yeahhhhhhhhh....... :)
...they discovered only a small asteroid inhabited by a solitary old man who claimed repeatedly that nothing was true, though he was later discovered to be lying.

Offline Combobob

• Producer
    • View Profile
    • Combobob.com
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2013, 07:54:22 AM »
I have started running all my spam mail through Spamcop. It processes all the info and sends abuse reports off to the relevant parties. It hasn't really slowed the spam down but it makes me feel like I am doing something about it...*sigh*

http://www.spamcop.net/
Win 7, SB Audigy 2 Platinum, KX3551, Studio One 2, Soundforge8, 1975 Fender Jazz, Yamaha RBX270J Custom Fretless, Tanglewood TW170 Acoustic...

Offline Joom

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • TTM Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2013, 10:21:39 AM »
@ Schprocket:   :P :P :P :P :P

I'd like to be more strict on my spam filter, but I get a lot of real email from obscure places and people who can write things (like subject lines) in an obscure way, and a lot of real stuff ends up in the spam folders if I lock it down too much.  Then I have to scan the spam folders anyway.  The current filters gets most of it right now, but not all of it.  And I still have to scan the spam folders a few times a day to make sure I'm not missing anything.  With 16 active email accounts it's a whole coffee's worth of checking every morning, and again throughout the day...