Community Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 23, 2020, 08:46:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: somewhat of a score!?  (Read 977 times)

Offline rk

• TTM Veteran
  • paws for my solo...
    • View Profile
    • PANOPLY
somewhat of a score!?
« on: May 21, 2013, 09:22:46 AM »
one bit of usefulness on facebook is that there are local groups labeled yard or garage sales where people post pictures of their junk to get rid of.
i acquired another guitar and a decent hard case for $6.  i bought it for the case as i really don't have a need for a First Act guitar from Walmart, but it will give me something to tinker and tear up i guess.
unfortunately, the case doesn't really fit either of the guitars i was going to use it for.  the sg's body is too wide and the orange jazzmaster copy has a old school whammy/trem bar that sticks up too high.  it works for the jazzmaster, but serious screws up the tuning.

oh well, here's a pic, and another of my daughter at the park.  she was throwing grass on the bike tire, spinning it, and saying she was mixing salad.  :)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 10:01:12 AM by rk »

Offline gc

• TTM Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: somewhat of a score!?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 10:52:12 AM »
Cool, RK.  While not a Facebook participant myself, my wife & kids are.  The Facebook local groups thingy is how my Mrs. found a couple of instruments locally.  One of those virtual garage sale experiences where people sell tools, cars, underpants & instruments in random order & cheap prices.  It's always nice to have a 'tinkerer' instrument around.  Now you have to keep looking & find a guitar that really fits the case.  And so it goes...

Nice pic of the salad bar too.  Beautiful, happy looking daughter.  Proud dad. 

g