Community Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 23, 2020, 09:18:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: NGD - Happy Xmas to me Part II  (Read 1628 times)

Offline neilmac

• Producer
    • View Profile
    • My page at Reverbnation
NGD - Happy Xmas to me Part II
« on: January 13, 2013, 01:12:58 AM »
Well I went and did it.....got my hands on a Telecaster.....jeez I wish I'd done that YEARS ago lol

Never really had an interest in Tele's.....always liked the Strat more...but I think I might be a convert lol

So I attached a little soundtrial right out of the box...just for fun....

Starts with an "American Clean" sound on the zoom 505II pedal...bridge pickup, neck and bridge then neck alone....

Then onto "Blue Note" patch for some crunch, pickups in the same order....

No fiddling with the tracks...straight "as recorded" sound....no eq or filters or any of that nonsense...

Excuse the playing etc :P I just wanted to hear it back on tape :)

And just for fun lets have a competition...I wonder if anyone can make a guess at brand or value....

Bear in mind....it IS being played by a hacker :P

Offline Jahva

• TTM Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: NGD - Happy Xmas to me Part II
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 08:18:45 AM »
Oooooh Yeah!
Good choice, I've want one but I had to have a strat first. Tone sounds pretty good. I don't see anything to indicate the brand as a clue. Where was it made... is it new? I know Epi made one a while back haven't seen any lately though. I know Squire still makes it.
Cool beans Neil. Did you get it set up yet?
Playin' the mind guerrilla Chantin' the mantra, peace on earth

JL

Offline frankenxtein

• Producer
  • 4 of 5
    • View Profile
    • Frankenxtein
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 12:24:02 PM »
Nice guitar ........... Is this it's cousin? $249.

Constantly tweaking everything and then nothing.

Offline gc

• TTM Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013, 01:49:26 PM »
Congrats on the new addition, Neil.  Nice looker & sounds great.  Nice, clear, clean & articulate.  Dirty's up nice too. 

Got me stumped as to brand or value.  Somewhat unusual to see a Tele with rosewood board as most are maple.  Std single coil config, black pickguard, switch towards the front & pots to the rear (switch tip is Strat style?).  Hard to tell what body wood.   That config I've seen on Fenders American Std. models, and if you can afford to buy Am Std right after the Xmas season, you should be a financial counselor.    No idea who made it...Buick? ;)  Value?  Hope you got a bargain.  If you like it as a player it is priceless. 8)

Seriously nice instrument to add to your arsenal.  Nothing like a new friend that you can express yourself with. 

g

Offline neilmac

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2013, 06:08:05 PM »
Oooooh Yeah!
Good choice, I've want one but I had to have a strat first. Tone sounds pretty good. I don't see anything to indicate the brand as a clue. Where was it made... is it new? I know Epi made one a while back haven't seen any lately though. I know Squire still makes it.
Cool beans Neil. Did you get it set up yet?

Me too! lol I was always a Strat kind of guy...not for any particular reason...that was just the guitar that "spoke" to me...not set it up yet...actually it was pretty good right from the start...I'll get to it.. one of these days :P

Offline neilmac

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2013, 06:08:51 PM »
Nice guitar ........... Is this it's cousin? $249.

Ummm no not really lol well....sorta....;)

Offline neilmac

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2013, 06:16:39 PM »
Congrats on the new addition, Neil.  Nice looker & sounds great.  Nice, clear, clean & articulate.  Dirty's up nice too. 

Got me stumped as to brand or value.  Somewhat unusual to see a Tele with rosewood board as most are maple.  Std single coil config, black pickguard, switch towards the front & pots to the rear (switch tip is Strat style?).  Hard to tell what body wood.   That config I've seen on Fenders American Std. models, and if you can afford to buy Am Std right after the Xmas season, you should be a financial counselor.    No idea who made it...Buick? ;)  Value?  Hope you got a bargain.  If you like it as a player it is priceless. 8)

Seriously nice instrument to add to your arsenal.  Nothing like a new friend that you can express yourself with. 

g

Donald Trump I'm not...no matter what my wife thinks lmao
I was given some cash for Xmas from the in-laws, so I spent it wisely :D

Actually this IS my most expensive guitar....a whopping $199 plus tax :D

It's a Jay Turser JT-LT ;)
Cheap Chinese Tele copy....:D

As they  claim on the website:

JT-LT

Classic style, single cutaway, lightweight solid body - maple neck, rosewood fingerboard. Selector switch, 1V & 1T, with pick guard and die cast machines.

FEATURES