Community Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 02, 2020, 12:47:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Another NGD...Fender Tele  (Read 783 times)

Offline gc

• TTM Veteran
    • View Profile
Another NGD...Fender Tele
« on: June 15, 2012, 08:19:57 PM »
     I got this Fender Modern Player Telecaster Deluxe 4 days ago & have about worn myself out playing on it.  Very nice instrument.
    Maple neck, nice 'C' shape, 9.5 radius w/22 frets of the med jumbo variety.  Two P90's for pickups (that's what got my attention in the 1st place).  They have a nice, warm sound & work well for the bluesy-jazz stuff I paw at.  Dirty's up nice.  Not the usual Tele 'twang'.  Strange semi-chambered mahogany body with 'f' hole.  Weighs in at @6.5 lbs.   Nice to have a lighter electric.  Just fun to play.  Got to work up a tune now, I guess.
Regards,
g

Offline Joom

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • TTM Veteran
  • I am, it's what I do...
    • View Profile
    • Youtube's channel
Re: Another NGD...Fender Tele
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 08:54:47 PM »
Very nice...
A computer once beat me at chess - but as it turns out it was no match for me at kickboxing... ;)

Offline HarmonicEarth

• Producer
    • View Profile
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2012, 07:48:26 AM »
It's always nice to see a thing of beauty laying stretched out on a bed of white satin :o :P :P 

Nice score..

Offline DinoWodini

• TTM Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2012, 08:17:20 AM »
Nice Guit GC.  I guess we have brother and sister guitars  I think mine is the "alpha" though :)

here is a pic of my 72 Fender Deluxe I bought new back in the day from the CBS Store when i was in perth way back.  She still has a straight neck and plays fine and is the one i use on all my recordings.  Lots of wear and tear from using her over the years.  They are mighty versatile.

Offline Smurf

• TTM Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2012, 10:32:25 AM »
Nice GC!
Question,

Offline gc

• TTM Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2012, 11:35:37 AM »
Thanks Mr. J. 
It's always nice to see a thing of beauty laying stretched out on a bed of white satin 

Eloquently expressed, HE.  I hadn't looked at it that way, but... 8) :P

Dino,  very nice instrument.  Oldies are goodies & keepers.  And 'back in the day' doesn't seem that long ago...unless I really start thinking about it & do the math. 

I was very skeptical about a Fender that is hecho in China (and not labeled Squire) with a chambered body.  But fit & finish are perfect.  Wood/veneer looks great.  Strat fixed bridge, synth bone nut (like my head) & very acceptable P90's.  Haven't even changed the strings (Fender .009-.042's I believe).  Just one of those geetars that begs to be played. When I change the strings I'll field strip it down & see what the electronics are like.

Smurf...one of these days we're going to have to take up a collection & buy you an SG.  You certainly deserve it, brother man. 8)

Gordon