Community Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 02, 2020, 12:22:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New Jersy Stomp Box  (Read 979 times)

Offline AsWeGoHomestead

• ASWEGOHOMESTEAD
  • TTM Veteran
  • "I never met a kazoo I didn't like"
    • View Profile
    • The Great Aswego Kazoo Factory
New Jersy Stomp Box
« on: March 11, 2012, 07:01:20 PM »
I have an old kazoo customer that makes cigar box guitars and ocassionally a stomp box.  I sent him an email to get some more info on the design of a stomp box and looks like I am on the right track.

He sent me this great little video on a car tag stomp box.  Thought I would share it.  I gotta try this out. I got a few old tags ;D .
 :o

Offline agradeleous

• TTM Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: New Jersy Stomp Box
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 07:32:29 PM »
Hahahaha that is cool , If I tried that I would lose time LMAO ! my wife says ...... what are doing ? I go what ? I'm tapping my foot keeping time .. she says you need to quit that ! it ain't working ! HAHA! she's right !  ;D

Offline Joom

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • TTM Veteran
  • I am, it's what I do...
    • View Profile
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 07:37:16 PM »
Pretty cool, Stead.  Got a kink in my neck in the first part, though...  :P
A computer once beat me at chess - but as it turns out it was no match for me at kickboxing... ;)

Offline AsWeGoHomestead

• ASWEGOHOMESTEAD
  • TTM Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2012, 03:38:28 AM »
Hahahaha that is cool , If I tried that I would lose time LMAO ! my wife says ...... what are doing ? I go what ? I'm tapping my foot keeping time .. she says you need to quit that ! it ain't working ! HAHA! she's right !  ;D

roflmao ;D   Me too!  This danged thing ain't so easy to play  :o   I can keep it going really good for a wee bit then my mind slips a gear and I loose it LOL.

Offline AsWeGoHomestead

• ASWEGOHOMESTEAD
  • TTM Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2012, 04:01:12 AM »
Pretty cool, Stead.  Got a kink in my neck in the first part, though...  :P

That NJ stomper looks like crap but sounds pretty good.  So I am on to Prototype #3 now ;D
This one actually sounds pretty good running it through my old Peavy mixer/amp and setting the eq at -12 for 1k,3k and 9k and bringing 100 and 350 up to +4.  This old Peavy only has 5 band eq.  Output to Realistic PA96 speakers.  Haven't tried recording it yet.  Too tired to fool with it till later.  Least I can see some progress.
I came across a diagram of how to wire two piezo's and I may give that a try if it doesn't sound good when I record it.  Main thing is it's fun messing around with.