Community Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 02, 2020, 11:53:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The Aswego Electric Country Cello  (Read 860 times)

Offline AsWeGoHomestead

• ASWEGOHOMESTEAD
  • TTM Veteran
  • "I never met a kazoo I didn't like"
    • View Profile
    • The Great Aswego Kazoo Factory
The Aswego Electric Country Cello
« on: March 06, 2012, 06:52:13 AM »

Well here it is, the one and only Aswego Electric Country Cello!! :o
I had been calling this a Doma-flatch-chee bass but decided it needed a more proper name after applying the stain and poly.  Just too pretty to not have a proper name. 8)   Since you sit down to play it I figured it was more a cello than bass ;D .  Haven't had time to do a finished sound test yet but here is a sound test of it finished except for final wood finish and a couple wee improvements of the string attachment dodad.

Offline Joom

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • TTM Veteran
  • I am, it's what I do...
    • View Profile
    • Youtube's channel
Re: The Aswego Electric Country Cello
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 07:03:36 AM »
Pretty cool, Stead...
A computer once beat me at chess - but as it turns out it was no match for me at kickboxing... ;)

Offline AsWeGoHomestead

• ASWEGOHOMESTEAD
  • TTM Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 06:31:16 AM »
Ok Guys, here is the soundtest of the finished Aswego Country Cello.  This is an acoustic recording made with the camera built in microphone and has not been altered in any way.  The camera was about 6-8' from the instrument when recording.

I also tested it in the electric mode with an amp and interfacing to Kristal with my FastTrack and preamp.  Both work just fine.

Offline agradeleous

• TTM Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 08:16:30 AM »
I give you 1 million dolla's  :D. Nice work there awg  :)

Offline AsWeGoHomestead

• ASWEGOHOMESTEAD
  • TTM Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 10:47:09 AM »
I give you 1 million dolla's  :D . Nice work there awg  :)

Send address.  I will pay shipping.  Accept PayPal ;D

Thanks AG, I am kinda proud of this one.  Looks and sounds better in person.  I am going to let this one go however.  Yesterday when I was making this video I knocked over the tripod with the camcorder attached it hit the top of a wooden desk. :'(   Broke the back off the display flip screen.  I reattached but now have no image in the display. :'(   I filmed this video without the display and it seems to film fine but I can't see anything to change settings or functions much less to be able to sight the danged thing in. :o   I am gonna cut me a inch long piece of 1/2" pvc and tape to the fool thing so I can aim 8) .  Replacing it doesn't fit the budget right now, still got to send in the federal taxes as soon as they're done and I'm not sure how much that's gonna be yet.  So I am gonna list the Cello on ebay today to fund a new or used camcorder.

Could be worse, least it half way works :P   Like I heard an drunk sailor say one night stumbling up the brow with one shoe when the OOD ask if he had lost a shoe.  "Nope, found one!" ;D

Offline agradeleous

• TTM Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2012, 06:27:56 PM »
haha Hope you get a good replacement I see the some prices have dropped Sony HD little thing , awesome picture and image sensor , low light not an issue about 175 I think or maybe less ... or will trade custom hand made electric bass cello for perfectly working HD quality cam corder and cash  ;D  luck my friend  :D

Offline AsWeGoHomestead

• ASWEGOHOMESTEAD
  • TTM Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2012, 10:53:19 AM »
Nice one ASWEGO.  Hope the eBay sale goes well.

Hey Dino!  great to hear from you.  Thank you very much.  Took long enough to get this one figured out LOL.  If I could just play the danged thing. :o

Offline AsWeGoHomestead

• ASWEGOHOMESTEAD
  • TTM Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2012, 11:01:35 AM »
haha Hope you get a good replacement I see the some prices have dropped Sony HD little thing , awesome picture and image sensor , low light not an issue about 175 I think or maybe less ... or will trade custom hand made electric bass cello for perfectly working HD quality cam corder and cash  ;D  luck my friend  :D

Hey AG :)   I been looking around and does seem prices have dropped on some of the new camcorders.  I can't do anything  right now but maybe in a few weeks I will hit a couple pawn shops and see what I can find there.  I really don't need the most up to date camera just a decent older one will work fine.  The one that broke is just a Insigna Flip Camcorder I bought at BestBuy a year or so ago for around $70.   It has really taken a beating since I got it.  The workshop is a pretty harsh place for any camera.  It's been knocked over a time or two there but always kept on ticking.  Heck I would trade the Cello even up for a decent used camcorder if the trader paid shipping cost of around $15 ;D .  Will see how Ebay goes this week.  It's getting looks.   Be sure and check out the stompbox prototype I just posted about.

Offline AsWeGoHomestead

• ASWEGOHOMESTEAD
  • TTM Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2012, 02:39:33 PM »
Hey AG, just modified the camcorder with a piece of microphone handle and some two sided tape. :o   Don't laugh it actually works sighting in  ;D .  The Homestead Motto:  we've done so much with so little for so long we can do danged near anything with nothing and have something left offer.  Plus a great example of why I never throw anything away.  8)

Here's a pic