Community Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 02, 2020, 10:47:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Do-Ma-Flotch-Chee Electric Sit Down Bass  (Read 630 times)

Offline AsWeGoHomestead

• ASWEGOHOMESTEAD
  • TTM Veteran
  • "I never met a kazoo I didn't like"
    • View Profile
    • The Great Aswego Kazoo Factory
Do-Ma-Flotch-Chee Electric Sit Down Bass
« on: February 26, 2012, 07:08:37 AM »
Good Morning from the homestead!  I been working on this instrument off and on for the past year or so or rather thinking about it.  Had the wood bowl sitting on a shelf in the shop I wanted to use but couldn't figure out exactly how LOL.  It's almost finished now.  Last night when I was testing it I decided to add a kazoo to the top of the neck ;D .  I think this one will be a keeper for myself.

best to all!
Butch

Offline agradeleous

• TTM Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Do-Ma-Flotch-Chee Electric Sit Down Bass
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 08:04:45 AM »
that kills me hahahaha I know plenty a place here where use can a sell dat ! for good money  ;D

edit forgot my coffee Awg sorry .... Great job good sir say hi to the Miss's for me :) oh and a hug for putting up with all that Bong bong bong bung bing 'nnnnng HAHAHA :)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 08:13:53 AM by agradeleous »

Offline AsWeGoHomestead

• ASWEGOHOMESTEAD
  • TTM Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 08:53:17 AM »
We are quite a pair, she is classically trained with a BA in Music, and MA's in Flute Composition and Music Education and me and old kid from Carolina Piedmont that has difficulty with all those little squiggley things she writes on paper LOL.  I try to pluck when she's out teaching or down in the workshop.  I finally got a separate music room isolated from the dust of the workshop.  Even got a upright piano in there for the wife.  Not great for recording except from 1-4 am when there's no logging trucks going down the road LOL, but great for practice without bothering anybody.

I haven't decided whether to sell this one or keep it for myself.  Will have to see after it's all finished.  I have one addition I thought of last night, yep! A KAZOO!  I am going to incorporate a kazoo into the top of the neck. LOL

I was also thinking about a small top hat for the bass.  I got a couple CD sized metal disc that I used some as symbls on another instrumment a couple years ago that would work.  Have to think about this one.  May end up a one man band instrument LOL 

Old men are dangerouse when left with their own devices in an isolated workshop in the woods LOL.

Off to grab some coffee and guitar for a wee bit.

later,
Doc Kazoo!

Offline papaG

• TTM Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 11:25:29 AM »
That's awesome, Butch, thanks for sharing ;D
"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, an hour, a day or a year but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever." - Lance Armstrong

http://www.myspace.com/papagproject

Offline BikerBabe

• I am, therefore I think
  • Producer
    • View Profile
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2012, 01:42:47 AM »
Thanks for sharing, always find it extremely interesting when people make their own instruments.  8)

If I had a workshop I would experiment to no end myself, ha!  ;D
"Tomorrow never yet on any human being rose or set."
-- William Marsden

Offline AsWeGoHomestead

• ASWEGOHOMESTEAD
  • TTM Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2012, 09:21:03 AM »
Thanks, glad you liked it.  It's definitely different.  I love it when I get time to play with ideas in the workshop.  That doesn't happen very often.  This project is lots of fun.  It's like being on vacation without having to leave the homestead. 8)