Community Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 02, 2020, 11:32:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New bass sample  (Read 977 times)

Offline agradeleous

• TTM Veteran
    • View Profile
New bass sample
« on: August 11, 2011, 10:09:05 PM »
ok once again were to post ? anyway just got the new bass ... was raining and it was sitting in the yard with one of my dogs ( a puppy named steel and he's a big pup too ! ) standing on it ! welcome home daddy ... LOL  K so all good opened and checked it out and it is a clean unit ! had a five minute pluck plug in and about 20 minutes drumming notes while completely out of tune while my wife went over the events of her work day :) .... K so tuned it up drop D came up with a ditty then a lead so to say ... there is pops (electronic ) in it so sorry and I did not worry about timing either ! but I like it but you can kill it if you like LOL  anyway had it in may hands for a total of about an hour and here the sample I came up with ...... from a guitar players point of view ! LMAO settings are unknown but this is the active setting ! it does have a passive which is cool . Now I wonder why I did not go with a 5 or 6 string ? LOL ............... Oh also this was recorded using the V-amp 3 guitar amp sim set on pre-amp only with chorus/compression on the lead and just a delay effect on the rhythm. limiter/compression on lead in KAE and I think compression on the rhythm track ... both classic set to bass :)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 10:19:27 PM by agradeleous »

Offline onetrackmind

• TTM Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: New bass sample
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 05:09:10 PM »
Some great tones and interplay there agrade.

Get a 6 string bass as well. Go on, u wanna :P

Offline agradeleous

• TTM Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2011, 05:44:32 PM »
Stop it Al ! I've spent enough for a while LOL maybe next year if i learn this one enough. glad you liked it :)

Offline Joom

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • TTM Veteran
  • I am, it's what I do...
    • View Profile
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2011, 09:25:33 PM »
Very nice, Ag, sounds like the beginning of a good song there...
A computer once beat me at chess - but as it turns out it was no match for me at kickboxing... ;)

Offline agradeleous

• TTM Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2011, 01:27:32 PM »
Hmm ... not give'n that much thought ! LOL  need a fair to midland amp for it LOL Nooooooo ! don't hit me honey ! Ouch !

Offline gc

• TTM Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2011, 02:46:14 PM »
Some interesting stuff to color the bass:

Helian Bass    (Freeware).

Baxxpander  (Saturation/expander that can add body & warmth)

Studio Devil Bass Amp  (not free...but really good tones).

Guitar Amp Modeling, Ampeg SVT   (interesting IR...load it into Voxengo Boogex or similar).

LeChatelet/Gregor Henning Ampeg & misc bass ir filesLeChatelet/Gregor Henning Misc IR Files (bass, Ampeg & misc):    (as above, IR's play well in Voxengo Boogex or lePou LeCab).  

All of these take some messing with & you might find them cool or a waste.  Just options for color.  Not as much fun as pushing air, but...

g

Offline agradeleous

• TTM Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2011, 09:10:51 AM »
Thanks Gc will look into that. I need to start the painful reload of stuff into the new computer :)

Offline frankenxtein

• Producer
  • 4 of 5
    • View Profile
    • Frankenxtein
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2011, 11:35:30 AM »
 8)
Nice
Picked up a used Acoustic B20 for $69.us last year at Guitar Center. No Real power house but for sitting around. Great Tone 12" driver :D
Wes uses it daily. The only drawback with 5 string basses finding an Amp that will reproduce the open B (30.9 Hz (with regular 440  tuning). Then factor your hearing into the equation, unless equalized you can only feel it in comparison to the open E 41.2Hz
I can barely hear the open E lol. We got lucky with our used Dean 5 string quality and price wise. Decent 5 strings basses cost twice as much as the 4 strings in lower end models.
Watch out the Mrs will smack you again.
Constantly tweaking everything and then nothing.

Offline Jimbo

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2011, 12:16:32 PM »
Hi A,

I like it and I wish I could get that sound and feel!
I agree, there is a really nice song here so what are you waiting for???

Jimbo

Offline agradeleous

• TTM Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2011, 01:30:54 PM »
LOL Frank  :D
Jimbo I might try to do something with it but right now I'm to slow at getting other things done  :( I would have 4 songs before i get back to this LOL multi-tasking is not one of my strong points HAHAHAHA