Community Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 02, 2020, 10:52:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Interested in Fingerstyle Guitar?  (Read 631 times)

Offline Smurf

• TTM Veteran
    • View Profile
Interested in Fingerstyle Guitar?
« on: August 03, 2009, 09:00:28 PM »
Since I received my "new" Seagull Folk, I can now get back into my Fingerstyle practice (the wider neck & smaller body, compared to the Dreadnought's thinner neck and large body, makes it a joy to play this style again!).

In this vein I went back thru my bookmarks and found an "old favorite" site, along with a "newer" one..

The newer one, Guitar Nick will take you from the very bottom rung of fingerstyle playing on up to intermediate levels. It is one of the best I have seen to get you going in this great style of playing! This site has Videos & Tabs to help you along.

Eric Lugosch Fingerstyle Academy is a really good site that is not for the pure beginner, but is accessible to folks that have a few patterns under their belt. It runs you thru some great tunes, and after learning them you will be able to make some great music...and isn't that part of the fun? To sit down and play stuff that is fun to do and listen to. This site has Audio in both slow & fast versions + Tabs, so it is easy to get the music under your fingers.

And of course, that are at my favorite price point!

I hope these help! 8)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 02:15:08 AM by Smurf »
Question,

Offline Joom

• I Am The
  • Administrator
  • TTM Veteran
  • I am, it's what I do...
    • View Profile
    • Youtube's channel
Re: Interested in Fingerstyle Guitar?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 11:41:23 PM »
:D  Thanks Smurf, and..........I like the link... ;)
A computer once beat me at chess - but as it turns out it was no match for me at kickboxing... ;)

Offline Smurf

• TTM Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 02:15:51 AM »
DARN IT! :D

Now fixed... ::)...sorry about that.... ;) 8)
Question,

Offline AsWeGoHomestead

• ASWEGOHOMESTEAD
  • TTM Veteran
  • "I never met a kazoo I didn't like"
    • View Profile
    • The Great Aswego Kazoo Factory
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2009, 08:23:33 AM »
Thanks Smurf, saved the links to play with.  No two finger style pickin :D  Been trying to use that middle finger for something other than an irrate gesture for years. ;D  I finger pick but with thumb and index and maybe once in a blue moon the middle. I can't use a pick for the life of me.  My index finger works better for me.  When I was a year old an accident cut the tip of my index finger off and was reattached.  Well it came back but with a perfect guitar picking shape, no kidding.  Blessing in disguise I guess. Thanks for the links.
awg 8)